Anyone have experience with eco-lawns or meadow mixes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was exactly the right path. Just let the lawn go for a bit and all kinds of stuff besides grass has been coming up.

Maybe the extras have been there all along, I've never looked at the lawn before. It was just an annoyance to be ignored as much as possible, and dealt with when necessary.

Been working on raising the mower as well. With only some PITA I can double the cut height to 6" or so, but would like to be a bit taller than that. Debating what permanent changes I want to make to my mower, if any. Very thankful to have a battery electric mower, don't have to worry about which way I tip it or spilling fluids.

You don't have rattlesnakes there? Outside of the fire danger of tall, dead grass, the other main reason we're so vigilant about mowing/weedwhacking is for visibility for rattlers.

No rattlesnakes. I'm in the part of Oregon with a 9 month rainy season.

We do have fire danger here. That's what got me to start watering and keeping everything green through the summer.

Our rainy season can last anywhere from 5-9 months, but we have rattlers all over.

To you I say, LUCKY-DOG!

Latest posts

Back