ICS concrete CHAINSAW.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
They had one at auction today. I started to buy it and try to flip it. First I had to do a search, I had never heard of them. All American made in Portland OR. The model in the auction sells for $1200. It sold for $200 at the sale. I didn't buy it.

We had a partner/husqy branded concrete chain saw at the township. That thing was a lot of work to use. Didn't use it real often, remember chains were very expensive and usually stretched out before the diamonds would wear out.

Years ago there was a guy on the Milling Forum that had a concrete chain on a milling saw. He said it was very slow, but the finished cut looked like it had been sanded with fine paper.

Before I retired summer 2019 I'd used one my employer rented a few times.Before the concrete chain saw came along there was a Partner hydraulic ring saw back in the mid 90's a different employer had for a few days.With the ring saw it was helpful wearing a full rainsuit over your t shirt & jeans,along with rubber boots,even on a typical August day,otherwise you'd be literally soaked from the fine water mist used to cool the blade,keep the concrete dust at a minimum.

Both had their specific pros & cons,just glad I wasnt paying for the blades & the chains.....haha Though did buy my Partner Super 650 Mark II 71cc (their smallest model) gas cut off saw with optional cart that turned it into a small walk behind saw new in April 1994 from a local contractor's tool dealer.A few small side jobs for cash after getting off work in the afternoon plus a weekend of the same and it was paid it off.It only gets used 2-3 times a year at most now,thought about selling it a few times (still looks very good because I took better care of it than the typical employer owned power tool that gets beat up on a daily basis - plus I ALWAYS cut any concrete,limestone,granite,or other masonry with an optional water attachment,that used a simple hookup to any common garden hose - the 3 stage air filter on the saw looks brand new,plus the rest of the machine looks much better than a 30 year old machine normally does. The very fine abrasive dust from cutting any masonry dry is what really shortens the life of these machines,that gets in the cylinder & piston,even though some is hard to see.Its not just your lungs that suffer.

Like some of the older chain saws,certain spare parts for it arent easy to find now (especially since Partner is no more & its been swallowed up by Husqvarna Construction Products division probably 20 years ago).But a quick ebay search will find some of the parts,even though the current comparable model is quite different.

Latest posts

Back