New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a sweet rig, lots of uses for that truck. You don't need to be a computer engineer to fix it as well. I can see a chip box or some sides on there for logs. Good trade I'd say.
I have stake sides for it but they are total junk, 17ft long single piece, screws hanging out, etc, so I'm gonna rebuild them

Removable chip box is in the plans too,
Beautiful - I am envious. I'd like my next work truck to be a flatbed dump like this. Nice find!
Thanks! It's perfect really, minus the fact they used a 2 way cylinder and a 1 way hoist, left the retract hose dangling and it blows hydro fluid out when dumping, going to weld a bung onto the tank and just return to tank with it, once that's done I've gotta build the rear bumper/ trailer hitch, re do the tail lights so it has reverse and trailer lights, also plan to wire in some work lights ontop of the headache rack

on Monday I was on the last half hour of a three day job when I set my line in a honey locust l, base tied, jump tested it and started ascending. At 25’ my tie in point failed and I hit the ground and broke my ankle and incurred a lisfranc fracture on my foot.
Right now I’m lucky I have money saved because after surgery next week I’m out of work for 6 months. I have no climber other than myself and to be pretty blunt, I’m the only guy on the the job that knows what’s going on. Currently I have a couple contract climbers lined up but I’m pretty much fu$$ed.

on Monday I was on the last half hour of a three day job when I set my line in a honey locust l, base tied, jump tested it and started ascending. At 25’ my tie in point failed and I hit the ground and broke my ankle and incurred a lisfranc fracture on my foot.
Right now I’m lucky I have money saved because after surgery next week I’m out of work for 6 months. I have no climber other than myself and to be pretty blunt, I’m the only guy on the the job that knows what’s going on. Currently I have a couple contract climbers lined up but I’m pretty much fu$$ed.
oh ****, hope it heals up quick!

first time I ever fell went exactly like this, only fell about 8-10 feet and had no injuries, did a bounce test multiple times, started ropewalking, made it about 5 steps up and "snap"

my dad was behind the house talking to the customer and heard it over the sena, "You just fall?" "yeah" "dumbass"
hurt more than when my zigzag failed causing me to fall 40ft, walked away from both but they both shook me up pretty bad for a few days after

oh ****, hope it heals up quick!

first time I ever fell went exactly like this, only fell about 8-10 feet and had no injuries, did a bounce test multiple times, started ropewalking, made it about 5 steps up and "snap"

my dad was behind the house talking to the customer and heard it over the sena, "You just fall?" "yeah" "dumbass"
hurt more than when my zigzag failed causing me to fall 40ft, walked away from both but they both shook me up pretty bad for a few days after

How did your zig zag 'fail'?

Does suck but could have been worse, Buy a lift and be back to work sooner or teach your best guy to use it. Making money a spending it on a lift is better than bringing none in and losing your guys

Latest posts

Back