Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT has the provision for the deep well cooker/deep fryer but there is a fat chance of ever finding one. I am going to convert that spot over to the larger burner because only having one is kind of inconvenient if I am cooking something in the skillet and need to boil a pot of water at the same time.

I could use some parts for the timer/clock. I can hear the motor running but nothing moves. If you ever find them and want to part ways I would be interested.
I looked in the crate where I used to keep them. I moved them sometime. I will keep an eye out. They will turn up.

If it is, what would be broken? Fixable?
Remove the muffler and look at the piston skirt and the cylinder wall. See of they are scored. Too lean will allow over rev and run hot and will fry your cylinder and piston. jmho :cool: OT
Almost anything is fixable if you want to do the work and put the money into it.

Remove the muffler and look at the piston skirt and the cylinder wall. See of they are scored. Too lean will allow over rev and run hot and will fry your cylinder and piston. jmho :cool: OT
Almost anything is fixable if you want to do the work and put the money into it.
??? This is a Log Splitter. And the engine has been running fine before the hydraulic pump failed.

Another good thing today I cleaned the carb on my tractor and changed the oil . Engine started up but was smoking rather badly. It cleared right out guess a 2 quarts of gas in the oil it leaked by the rings a little :laugh: . Cut for 45 minutes not a burp out of the motor . At least it was an easy fix

I'm getting ready to drop another big wind damaged tree, so I cleaned out a spot to drop it into,

Resized-20240517-170641-S.jpg

and I needed a landing cleaned out to skid it into, to cut it up, so I cleaned out this area too,

Resized-20240517-170607-S.jpg

Now, to find the time to finish the job!

SR

I bought it new decades ago and never had to mess with the control valve set screw until recently when it was suggested. I counted the turns out and then replaced it the same number in. It's basically a half turn back from bottomed out.
Do you have a part number for your splitter and is there a tag on the control valve with a part number on it? All of the newer valves have a different style of adjustable relief. I'd like to find a manual specifically for the splitter and/or valve. Do you have a manual for the splitter?

Do you have a part number for your splitter and is there a tag on the control valve with a part number on it? All of the newer valves have a different style of adjustable relief. I'd like to find a manual specifically for the splitter and/or valve. Do you have a manual for the splitter?
I don't think I have the manual anymore. I'll check the valve for numbers tomorrow.

Hauled this stick over to my logging buddy's, buddy to get milled. Got the 4x12 I needed for the clear span in the lean to, and a pile of 16'8" 2x6's 1 2x8 and a few 10' 2x6, 2x8, and a 2x10. I'm pretty sure there's a odd 2x4 too. Just finished unloading it. I'll cut stickers for it tomorrow morning and stack it properly. Too late to mess with it anymore now.

Attachments

• 20240517_152349.jpg
    20240517_152349.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back