036 w/bow bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50:1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Do yall think a Stihl 036 pro will run a full size bow bar without any trouble???

Yes it will do fine. I run a bow on my 026 Pro for limbing and I am very happy with it.

Mac

It will do it, but 60cc is the lower limit for a full size bow in hardwood IMHO. Turn the oiler all the way up.

This is my 028 super it handles the bar great...

saw383.jpg

Nice bow there. So who sells bow bars? I am thinking of buying one to put on my 036/046. havent really found any for sale.

nice bow there. So who sells bow bars? I am thinking of buying one to put on my 036/046. Havent really found any for sale.

there's a dude on ebay that sales them. Copy and paste the following in the search bar on ebay.

Chainsaw bow bar-stihl,husqvarna,poulan,homelite,jonser

Is there a particular reason why Sthil bows have such an acute down angle to them as compared to say the older Homelite bows. Does it make the sawing easier??

I notice Cliff or Mr. Bow Saw has a block of wood under that 28.

I wish I could get one of my Sthils set up with a Sthil bow just to see if that angle is any better to saw with.

Is there a particular reason why Sthil bows have such an acute down angle to them as compared to say the older Homelite bows. Does it make the sawing easier??

I notice Cliff or Mr. Bow Saw has a block of wood under that 28.

I wish I could get one of my Sthils set up with a Sthil bow just to see if that angle is any better to saw with.

They made the bars like that because of the chainbrake lever.
Also you don't need to cut a slot in the clutch cover for the bar and
chain to come through.

That makes sense and in a way is a good idea. I have had to modify covers for a few bow saws I have. I hate doing it and always find a spare cover in case I switch the saw back to a regular straight bar.

Latest posts

Back