Chainsaw storage, not "winterization".

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reynog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to store a chainsaw? Is there some way to hang it?
My local dealers have fancy brackets but they look like they're pricy.
One dealer has slots cut in a 2x6 or a 2x8 that the bar slides into. Will that put too much pressure on the bar/chain?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

GR

What's the best way to store a chainsaw? Is there some way to hang it?
My local dealers have fancy brackets but they look like they're pricy.
One dealer has slots cut in a 2x6 or a 2x8 that the bar slides into. Will that put too much pressure on the bar/chain?Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

GR

Not really, but just push the saw all the way in to the dawgs. I don't like hanging plastic handles. I use good old fashioned shelving though, seems to work.

Not really, but just push the saw all the way in to the dawgs. I don't like hanging plastic handles. I use good old fashioned shelving though, seems to work.

Agreed. The "best" way depends on how much space you have available to you though.

Good old fashioned shelving works the best for me as well:
DSC02735.JPG

When I had my shop open in Lawrenceburg, I made the mistake of creating beautiful log displays by making a bore cut in at an angle, and displaying the saws in a similar fashion.
The display was beautiful until I pulled out a saw to sell...........

Probably any long term storage method is OK except putting the saws on a a bare concrete floor. Some say to dump the fuel and then add a little Stihl Motomix or 50 fuel and run the saw dry just so alocohol gasoline is in contact with any rubber items. Seems like a good idea.

Latest posts

Back