Sachs-Dolmar 120 Super...up & running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked this up about a month ago...good overall shape...missing clutch cover and real dirty...good compression
Plan of action...inspected, cleaned, removed carbon, adj. squish, pressure/vac tested, replaced av mounts-gaskets-few bolts-clutch cover...new Total Super Bar and Stihl chain.

Cleaned up nice. Seems to be a strong runner and for my first Dolmar....I really like this saw. Thanks to The Cutting Edge crew for the parts and service!
DSCN0994-1.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN0997.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

DSCN1010.jpg

Last edited:
wow...this must be Sachs-Dolmar 120 day....lot's of threads on them today. :cheers:

I guess it's hard to kill these old things

That came out great thanks for the parts business.... Glad we could help in the resto... One quick note that I saw in your pics.. Make sure the Vent hose on the left side of the fuel tank nipple is a loose fit 3/16" ID do not use 1/8" it will seal off the vent and lean your saw out. You should find a hole under the carb adjustment guide block that the 3/16" vent hose can tail out to.

Scott

Nice choice of bar,

Yup the old 120s are great saws, I snagged a good 120 from craigslist last month.

It cleaned up pretty well, wish it had the 7 more ccs though.

I found some bumper spikes (si?) and modified one to fit the clutch cover, duel dawgs look bad!

2260710190104137097S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I really like my 120 super, I guess mine is an early super because it doesn't have the primer bulb. It's not a 120 because it took the 120s/Si piston, but it doesn't have the Si carb. The tag also states it's a 120S, great chainsaw.

That came out great thanks for the parts business.... Glad we could help in the resto... One quick note that I saw in your pics.. Make sure the Vent hose on the left side of the fuel tank nipple is a loose fit 3/16" ID do not use 1/8" it will seal off the vent and lean your saw out. You should find a hole under the carb adjustment guide block that the 3/16" vent hose can tail out to.

Scott

I cant see that in the pix..
i have a 120 that would let out fuel from the tank vent when on it's side,seemed like nothing to stop it so on a recomendation i put in a grub screw..
am i missing something on the vent ??
tnx

Latest posts

Back