Stihl 032 finished up with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve K

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this old 032 awhile back and just got it done today. It has been sitting on a shelf for many, many years and was hardly ever used. The fuel had dried up to about a 1/4" of varnish in the bottom of the tank. I cleaned out the tank, replaced all hoses and rebuilt the carb and she now runs like new. Has about 165lbs compression. Even put a brand new bar and chain on her.

What do you think she would sell for?

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

Nice job, did you repaint it?

Its all original then? It could bring you some good money but I would hang that on the wall somewhere.

Thanks.. thanks a lot.

Now my 031 looks like a POS! :)

Nice job.. that's a clean looking saw!

haha..just saw your saw on the local craigslist and was going to post it to the cl sticky. did a search here just in case. does look nice. regards

I would not sell that saw if it were mine. You will get $50 offers for it on CL.

Yeah I got it on Craigslist for $275 but haven't had any takers. It's just rare to find a 032 in this condition so I kept the price up there. Probably will have to Ebay it.

Worth every penny at $275. That is one cherry 50 cc torque driver. I have one that has very little use, that i got from a friend of mine when he broke his arm and needed cash. gave him 200 for it, hope to at least get that back someday. I like the old style sound of the little beast. It has a bar that says "Made in West Germany." I will see if I can find a pic or two.

Very clean saw there. $275 is reasonable, but you have to find the right buyer. Only so many people out there that will understand what it is and be willing to pay that much. It is worth holding out for that much IMO.

Mr. HE:cool:

Well, I'd buy it. But then I'd use it and that would ruin everything.:)

I'm a fan of industrial design that looks sharp, and I like the lines there. In your neighboring county of 20% unemployment. Working, but. Thanks for the pics.

Id take some really nice pics and ebay it. Stessing how clean it is. Thats if I was selling it,but if it were mine I wouldnt sell it.:)

Silly question but why is a 032 worth so much more than an 031 ?

I wouldnt be able to bring myself to sell it , but its a beeeeutay.Rep sent.:clap:

Where form meets function......

I think the 032 is one of the prettier saws that Stihl made. It hearkens back to a simpler, more aesthetic time when efficiency of production was not the primary concern, when designers took pride in their creations. Here is mine, which I basically wiped up and replaced the chain, not because it was worn, but because it had stretched unevenly. This saw reminds me of a late 40's/early 50's pickup truck in its lines and contours. I wonder if this is the original bar.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back