Stihl 042 AV *Pics*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This one came from a dealers wrecking stock, It was just missing a few minor parts and needed a good clean, it's a good runner.

rhCustom-5.jpg

topCustom-1.jpg

lhCustom-5.jpg

rearCustom.jpg

You should definitely go into the saw rebuilding business Wayne :msp_wink:

Nice old saw Wayne. I used one for years and cut a lot of wood with it. What size bar are you needing for it?

Al.

You should definitely go into the saw rebuilding business Wayne :msp_wink:
I sort of do, I've been selling off a few lately but I'll keep this one.

Nice old saw Wayne. I used one for years and cut a lot of wood with it. What size bar are you needing for it?

Al.

Al, I'm going to use the 20" bar from my 041 then get a 18" bar for my 041, but first I have to get a 3/8 sprocket for the 042, has a strange looking 2 piece 404 sprocket on it.

Once upon a time, I had one of these saws.
Yours sure looks alot better than mine did!
I got rid of it, cause parts were hell to find :dizzy:

Al, I'm going to use the 20" bar from my 041 then get a 18" bar for my 041, but first I have to get a 3/8 sprocket for the 042, has a strange looking 2 piece 404 sprocket on it.

Is it a two piece spur sprocket setup? If so, it's the older style of sprocket that was put on these saws. They did make a rim sprocket retrofit kit. One of my 048s has the kit, and the other still has the two piece spur. The spurs are getting harder to find, even on eBay.

Here's the setup on my 048 Super:
IMG_4580.jpg

Hi this is my first post on here i have a 042 just like that only it doesnt have the big knob in the middle of the air filter cover. Im having problems with it it starts and idles just fine but when i pull the trigger it will run at full throttle for a few seconds and then it will want to die out unless i let go of the throttle and then it will go back to idle again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way that saw looks awesome i hope i can get mine looking that nice. :msp_thumbup:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back