Stihl MS361 PRO Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monwilj

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i've done some research and looks like the Stihl MS361 PRO Chainsaw has one of the best power to weight ratio in it's class. The one i'm looking at comes with 20" Bar & Chain, scabord, scrench and carb screwdriver. 59.0cc. 4.4bhp. 12.3lbs. powerhead weight. Its only been used by 1 homeowner for firewood, and its in nice condition and ready to go to work! How much would you give for it?

View attachment 211660
View attachment 211661

If my memory serves, I think I paid just under 600.00 for mine new with a 25" bar and all that other stuff you listed. That saw in the pics, the bar looks hammered. I cut about 20 cords with mine and the bar looked pretty much new still, hardly a spec of paint missing. I am thinking no more than 400.00 for the one you are looking at but you need to check it out, make sure compression is good, starts and runs as it should and oils.

If my memory serves, I think I paid just under 600.00 for mine new with a 25" bar and all that other stuff you listed. That saw in the pics, the bar looks hammered. I cut about 20 cords with mine and the bar looked pretty much new still, hardly a spec of paint missing. I am thinking no more than 400.00 for the one you are looking at but you need to check it out, make sure compression is good, starts and runs as it should and oils.

I surely wouldn't want to buy one that mostly has been run with a 25" bar - it is not a very good option, but it will do it in a pinch!

Regardless of that, the 361 is a very good saw, most likely the best saw Stihl have made - but the US version always was down on power vs. the original (Euro) version (different cylinder and muffler).

The only 60cc saw that beats it regarding power to weight is the new 560xp from Husky.

I think I paid just over six for my one owner 361 earlier this fall. It was a one owner firewood saw as well. It came with a pile of chains though and is the 3/4 wrap handle version, which is a little more desirable. I'd say around $400 for it would be fair...+ or - depending on the compression.

100_0843.JPG

Mine is going on four years old, prolly cut close to 700 cords in a commercial firewood business and you sure couldn't buy it for 400.00. It's is remarkable condition for it's age and use. The piston still has the machine marks on it. Is mine worth 400.00 prolly not to the average guy, but I can't get near the saw for that if it had to be replaced, it seems I gave right at 575.00 with an 18" bar and two xtra chains.

Jus2fat is right in the area of what I'd pay for the saw. They are firewood saws from hell, if run with sharp chains, 18" bars and a 8 pin sprocket, anything over an 18" and you need a 7 pin sprocket.

This is one saw I'll keep and rebuild when she finally goes, she's made me enough money I owe her a nice home forever.lol

Latest posts

Back