why I hate oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well still got 2 trailer loads or so of the top left out in the woods. Snows here so it will be awhile. Split a few ricks and didn't put much of a dent In the pile. Forgot to take any pics of that. Refilled my rack by the house for customers today and brought a small load of wood inside. Not use to working In the winter. Last year always had 2 cord in the basement, this year I have run down to a few days worth a few times. So now I'm stacking wood, drinking apple crown and listening to Michael Jackson...20160209_180652.jpg 20160209_180707.jpg

I get enough weird looks and people saying go back to west Virginia as it is. They would be confused if I wore a suit and drove this...View attachment 483934 View attachment 483935Go fast hood pins from hitting a semi, replacement home made bed, and a squirrel tail required on all my trucks antennas. I get some weird looks in Cleveland...

That trucks OK. Dig the Gadsden plate, add a gun rack in the back window and put a recliner in the back for svk to ride in. LOL
The only downside of oak is the extended drying time.
Ditches are tough in the winter, no doubt about it.
Good on you for having a working relationship with your exFL, difficult to not let the past stain the future.
Listening to Michael Jackson? I.......I.........I have no comprehension. OK maybe svk can help with that also. LOL
Understand please, just play'n.

Just what the old lady likes. When she helps stack wood that's what she plays. I mostly like order country but alittle verity never hurt

If you have that much wood and need to cross a creek (of crik or whatever it's called) then I would have built a heavy log bridge over that there crik.
Built a crossing out of some 6 inch pipe and old bags of mortar on the creek right behind my land. It's not my land so other then clearing trails I try not to do to much work on it. Found a good spot to cross that creek now. Only got 2 loads left back there for now but the snow moved in.

If you have that much wood and need to cross a creek (of crik or whatever it's called) then I would have built a heavy log bridge over that there crik.

I was thinking the same thing,,,, you built a trailer for this tree, but not a bridge to get to it?? nice haul, a lot of work there. well done

I was thinking the same thing,,,, you built a trailer for this tree, but not a bridge to get to it?? nice haul, a lot of work there. well done
I have found a good crossing. The only crossing I made was the creek right behind my property. The ex father inlaw hauled lots of field rock from the potato fields by bucket to the big creek on the neighbors land. Still drive in the water but a nice crossing. His 400 was 2wd though. With 4x4 I can go most places.

Well little life update. Still have a few loads on oak and a maple to take down from this tree. The snow has finally come and we got about 8 inchis. So no wood for now. We did split a few ricks of the oak. Pretty easy splitting. Been busy plowing the 16 driveways I do within a mile of the house. Toke a voluntary lay off cause 2 day paychecks just don't cut it. But between unemployment and doing syrup and firewood should keep me good till spring. Gunna start cutting standing dead and leave the oak alone as I only have about 2 cord left to sell. Got my o28 back, new carb gaskets and air filter and she's running good. And got my ms250 back, new carb with a low screw. Got them all together, even brought the 2245 out of the truck to clean and maintenance them all.20160210_194345.jpg

Good god. There are people out there that could take a life lesson from you sir. Ya want to eat ya have to work, good on ya man. I'm sure you are beat after this one. Not a damn thing wrong with a hard working man doing a hard days work.

We have lots of beech here. Never burned it cause it gose right to the current father inlaw. He loves it so I trade it to him. I notice that it will rot in no time at all. There's some from when the loggers came through 3 foot round just piles of dirt after 5 years.
Well i got around to the beech since its nice and froze back there now, just took the trunk that was off the ground, still solid after 4 years....i love the beech...

992f700609b2d725772f06d75142bf6b.jpg

f09704925cd923622d70781f3386e79e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cut a tulip popular today. Just a good size steam.Snapchat-271358273159004174.jpg Snapchat-4632698009611803089.jpg Toke the plow off the quad and put the a arm guards on. Then had to put the plow back on and plow again. 20160212_161249.jpgHappen to be in town today and stopped by one of the rentals. Use the shack behind it for storage. The old IH scout ll has been sitting in there for 10 years. Might try to start it up and get it back on the road. 20160214_140046.jpg

I don't skid with my quad. IRS and belts aren't made for it. Seen too many ruined doing it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I skid with my manual vinson. I just tore the hitch off it few weeks back and had to weld up a better one. Got 13 years out of the cheasy factory one so the new one should do the rest of its time. Ill never get rid of it. Hard to find a 500 manual trans.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I skid with my manual vinson. I just tore the hitch off it few weeks back and had to weld up a better one. Got 13 years out of the cheasy factory one so the new one should do the rest of its time. Ill never get rid of it. Hard to find a 500 manual trans.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
The IRS on mine makes trailer hauling an issue. If I were to do it all over again I think I would get a SRA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Built a crossing out of some 6 inch pipe and old bags of mortar on the creek right behind my land. It's not my land so other then clearing trails I try not to do to much work on it. Found a good spot to cross that creek now. Only got 2 loads left back there for now but the snow moved in.
Oh I see.
Ya, I may have just built a temp bridge or none at all if it wasn't my land.

Latest posts

Back