suggestions for a new tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, that is too funny. My said something about living in the banana belt as well. How far are you from Plains? My dad used to live in Noxon, and was an operator at the dam there (mom refused to live in Noxon!). But now their both together in the same house again.

I'm very pleased to hear your parents are back together again! (I had a great aunt and uncle with a similar circumstance...he refused to leave the ranch and she had had enough and moved to town. They stayed together until their passing....just not in the same house.)

We are 45 miles south of Missoula and Plains is approximately 68 miles northwest of Missoula. By Montana standards, we're practically neighbors!

Sylvia

We are 45 miles south of Missoula and Plains is approximately 68 miles northwest of Missoula. By Montana standards, we're practically neighbors!

Sylvia

Then you might really be neighbors with my Aunt. She lives in Florence. My dad and I played golf at Stevensville last time we were out there.

Lee Metcalf Refuge?

Sylvia

Probably so. I remember driving through a wildlife refuge looking area on the way to the course. People were all set up looking at birds.

Oh yeah, here are some closer pics. PM your email address to get some bigger resolution pics.

Oh yeah, here are some closer pics. PM your email address to get some bigger resolution pics.
Interesting, my c chestnut showed the same signs. i just pruned out the deadwood and it came back pretty well.

I would not plant a hickory in hurricane country. saw to many topple in isabel.

Interesting, my c chestnut showed the same signs. i just pruned out the deadwood and it came back pretty well.

I would not plant a hickory in hurricane country. saw to many topple in isabel.

Good to know! But I still might put a tree next to the driveway anyway.

I can't see anything with which to give helpful advice however, the one portion of that limb looks like the buds have set and the fruit is green. As opposed to the brown one behind it in the same picture. Good to know, Treeseer had the same type of thing and the tree appears to be doing well.

Anything unusual looking on the branch attachment where it connects with the tree?

You certainly have room to plant a tree closer to the drive, just remember to measure and allow it growing room so that as it matures you don't have to "trim to suit" for driveway clearance.

Sylvia

Update to the thread. The neighbor hired a tree service. The results to my tree are in the pics. I knocked on the neighbors door, but no answer. The tree service didn't leave a note or anything. I left a note on the neighbors door about wanting to talk to the tree service guys.

Yeah, and the tree seemed to be coming back too! Maybe I'll get that goldenrain tree after all.

Latest posts

Back