Carrying a pair of saws on a quad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontario026

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How do most guys carry 2 saws (or even 1 for that matter) on a quad... When I carry just one saw I bungee it to the front rack, but how to carry 2? I have a large 'seat' on the back so that is out of the question. Bungeeing is kind of slow as well, Does anyone know of a 'scabbard' style carrier which could be bolted to the front push bars which the bar would slide down into, holding the saw with the powerhead pointing upwards, the weight of the head holding the saw in place, basically a "drop it in and go" style?? where maybe 2 could be bolted to the front??

Thanks

I have seen just the holders you are talking about. I think cabelas outdoor magazine was one place I saw them. If not, you can definately get them thru marshalls or parts unlimited. I see you own an atv, so im sure you are familiar with them.

I just use a 2' square box on the front rack. Two saws, gas and oil can be wedged in it. It doesn't work so good on rough trails going fast but I'm only driving around a 100 acres so I don't need to go too fast. I also made a rack for tools on the back, its good for the peavy, shovels, rakes, etc.. The version in this picture got snapped off going over a log but I'm going to make one with more clearance so I can use the trailer hitch as well. I guess they don't look pretty but they do the job.
Ian

When up at my Dad's woods, use his ATV to carry the saws, mills and equipment. He bought a small wagon, super handy. Saws/mills into the woods, rough lumber out. Problem in our case with anything that attaches or bolts to anywhere on the ATV except maybe directly behind seat, is it would get beat up bad. We are always forging new trails through brush, saplings and vines etc brushing over and around us. anything sticking out, on front or side would get banged up a lot. Can't put it right behind, thats where the trailer goes. If no trailer, behind seat is the only place I would feel comfortable hanging my saws without them getting tore up from brush.

Back