The Disston DA-211 Lives Again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is all prettied up with new paint. It popped on the 2nd pull and started on the 4th or 5th. Runs like a charm with better throttle response than before. The video is still processing, so it'll be a while yet before it's available in HD.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rVv9ypG5-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rVv9ypG5-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Brad, are Stihl orange and gray the original Disston colors? :D :D

Next question: Who's busy on the house remodel while you are working on the antiques? Not "DISSing" ya, bud. :clap: :clap:

Looks nice, really nice. The engine sounds good. How many rpm's? It seems now that the limiting factor for a speedy cutting will be a sharp chain. How big is the chain? how do you intend to sharpen it? Can you get new chains?

You've done a great job on that saw! Are those close to the orginal colors?

Here's some before pictures I stole from Brad's other thread....
638405275_QsyFu-M.jpg

638405147_jwWR6-M.jpg

638405533_wUqS7-M.jpg

:cheers:
Mike

Last edited:
OMG,

I never really understood the "CAD" disease that gets thrown about on here all the time, but.....

OMG, you have me now wanting to get more saws....

Just my opinion, but you did a great job on this old saw, very nice indeed.

TY

The colors are the closest I could find. I bought several oranges, sprayed them all on the spark plug cover, and chose the closest.

I'll be using one of the 9/16" chains and sharpening it with my gringer. The trick is doing so with the stop removed. The chain is too big to fit under it. It cut very well when I ran it at Ericks GTG last fall.

Nice job on the saw. She is running really well and nuttin beats that sound. now hurry up and get the other 2 going.

Also whats the deal with the 1130G I now spy you have????? We are gonna need to see some video of that to

The colors are the closest I could find. I bought several oranges, sprayed them all on the spark plug cover, and chose the closest.

I'll be using one of the 9/16" chains and sharpening it with my gringer. The trick is doing so with the stop removed. The chain is too big to fit under it. It cut very well when I ran it at Ericks GTG last fall.

You sure did a nice job on that one Brad. I could see it was shaping up nicely last weekend.

That is, without a doubt, the best cutting 2 man saw I've ever seen!
Holds the RPMs very well and pulls chips as big as golf balls!!!!!
Very impressive indeed.

Mike

Latest posts

Back