stihl 034 av super questions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saws_all

Reaction score
well, first of all hello to everyone. Ive been skimming your threads for a while and have decided you guys know alot more about saws than i. I have a couple of questions. what is a good reliable site which i can order parts for my 034 av super off of. secondly what is the differnce between the 34, the 34 av, and the 34 av super. Any and all knowledge would be much appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
well, first of all hello to everyone. Ive been skimming your threads for a while and have decided you guys know alot more about saws than i. I have a couple of questions. what is a good reliable site which i can order parts for my 034 av super off of. secondly what is the differnce between the 34, the 34 av, and the 34 av super. Any and all knowledge would be much appreciated. thanks

Parts depends on what kind of parts you are looking for. The 034 and 034av are the same size engine wise. The 034 Super is the same size engine as an 036.

I took apart my saw and discovered score marks all along the cylinder wall and blown piston. im having some trouble figuring out which parts to buy. are you shure the 36 is the same size block

The 036 piston and cylinder will fit on the 034avs. The cylinder is physically different, but the displacement is the same. Your muffler may need to be replaced or you might just need spacers on the lower scrws... and some tweaks to the top plastic shroud.

You need an IPL and a service manual.

Hi sorry I dont mean to Hijack Saws all's thread but I think maybe he would like to know this aswell.

(Lakeside) I have found an 034 super locally so I was doing a little research on them and have seen in several posts and this one today where you mention that there are differences between the cylinders of the 034 Super and the 036.

What are the differences exactly? It has the same displacement, but how about performance compared to the 036. Is the porting and tranfers inside the cyl. the same or is that different too. Or are all the differences just external, like the muffler mounting that I have seen mention a few times.

I never noticed much difference in performance between the 034S and the 036, especially when you fitted the 036 muffler! I never did look closely at the transfers, but they develop the same power... so..

The 034S was made when Stihl was trying to make a fictitious price point so they used different parts, and slightly cheapened the plastics, recoil etc over the 036. All it did was trash 036 sales so they dropped it in the USA where there was only a small price difference in the two models.

do they happen to make an exhaust gasket that will convert the new block to the old muffler, or is it that big of a deal

So one last question, who knows a great web site where i can order theselparts for my stihl chainsaw and other saw parts in general.

I'm pretty sure Baileys had/has them but I couldn't find them on their web site. :confused:

You might try to post a question in their forum here (farther up the list) and ask, I'm prtty sure they have the cylinder kits for under a hundred.

Back