Prices on a ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Local Co-Op has a 361 for sale for $600 bucks even. As far as I know, its set up with a 20" bar and 3/8'' chain. Im going to get serious about it on Monday and make sure that their price isn't just the power head and their display model is just that, a display.

I've done some reading, and it looks like the price range is $560-$580 on most 361's that have been bought, but I've been doing a lot of reading so I may be off.

IchWarriorMkII said:
Local Co-Op has a 361 for sale for $600 bucks even. As far as I know, its set up with a 20" bar and 3/8'' chain. Im going to get serious about it on Monday and make sure that their price isn't just the power head and their display model is just that, a display.

I've done some reading, and it looks like the price range is $560-$580 on most 361's that have been bought, but I've been doing a lot of reading so I may be off.

You are correct. They list around exactly what you've read. I sell 361's all day long for 5 and a half and never think twice about it. List price is a suggested price, dealer can sell it for 50cents if he wants to. Ask that co-op just who do they think they are fooling................

Mine was $600 for the 361 with a 16" bar and a spare chain, including 5% sales tax. My friend is the dealer and he doesn't sell too many saws so his buy prices are probably not the best. But he worked me in a set of stihl chaps, files, oil, etc. I think that is the route to go, try to get a fair price on the saw ($550 is as low as I have heard!) and then try to work in the accessories, which are marked up a ton and they may have old stock they can move on. By the way, it is an awesome saw, but I have only used a MS290 and a Rancher 55, and it blows them both away.
Ed

361's are going between $550 to $575 around here. That with 20" bar and 3/8 chain. If you have a good dealer, he'll throw in an extra chain, hat, and other goodies.
$600 is on the steep side IMO

I bought my 361 last month for 550 with 20" bar and two chains. I am good friends with the dealer but you should get a similar price.

I don't think they sell a lot of saws, I was surprised they even had a 361 on the shelves... Maybe I can get away with a bar and a few chains maybe a set of muffs to sweeten the deal...

Over here they cost about 900 USD, about 150 more for the "W", and that is a bargain, compared to some other saws .........

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

In Canada, at least our part of it...

361 Retails here is $749 cnd which using todays exchange rate from the bank of Canada which is currently 0.8640 = 647.14 USD this includes, case, 2 chains and a hat

Paid $579 with 20" bar and chain, got a hat, safety chaps,glasses, bar oil, six pack of mix,three files,black Stihl hardcase and an extra chain. $710 out the door that included tax.

SawTroll said:
Over here they cost about 900 USD, about 150 more for the "W", and that is a bargain, compared to some other saws .........

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My new 372xpg was about 1400 USD + bar and chain - the 441W is about 1200........

Sawtroll, now i know why you luv your saws so much. Is everything that high over there and What is the avg persons yearly wage there? Seems it would have to be alot to make it at those prices. or do they consider it a luxury item and taxed high.
What is the W on the 361? heated handle?

Bought my new 361 w/ 18" bar and 3/8 chain, brand new, shipped to my door for $499.

:biggrinbounce2: Did I hook anyone? :ices_rofl:

IchWarriorMkII said:

Ich,
I've seen them on sale in Grand Junction for $539. How far is that from you?

2 hour drive, its where I do most of my business anyways when it comes to things you can't find in a small town (everything)

What store?

I priced a 361 with 20" bar at the dealer where I just my 192T. He quoted me a cash price of $539. :)

Should I be a real stinker and ask for any extra goodies?:hmm3grin2orange:

The money I saved getting the 192T over the 200T, will help me get a better firewood saw.

I also tried checking prices on a Husky. May I note two pretty big local Husky dealers dropped the line and now carry Stihl. Why? Because of the contract terms forcing them to buy more Husky tractor goodies than they can sell. What a shame. They will still service the Husky, but no sales.

I'm still gonna wait a couple of days to see if AVS member "Trimmed" still has his NIB husky 365 for sale. If not, I think I'm gonna spend the extra cabbage and get the 361 instead of a list price 5100S, since none of my local Dolmar dealers are willing to negotiate.

I thought about buying from one of our many fine saw dealers on the forum, but I would like to keep the business local if I can. My Stihl dealer is makin' it real hard to pass on a new 361 which I could no doubt leave to my son.

I'm hoping I can stop at (2) saws. Maybe I should cancel my AboristSite membership and delete the bookmark. :)

I really appreciate the forums and they have contributed greatly to my saw knowledge.

Ich, I'm looking at the picture in your last post..ummm...uh..now what was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I sent you a PM.
Joel

bytehoven said:
..... I'm still gonna wait a couple of days to see if AVS member "Trimmed" still has his NIB husky 365 for sale. If not, I think I'm gonna spend the extra cabbage and get the 361 instead of a list price 5100S, since none of my local Dolmar dealers are willing to negotiate. ....
Just get the 361, the 365 is over a pound heavier.....:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back