Wood hauler got modded

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaaccarlson

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I pulled the serpentine belt today to check bearings and look the belt over and found out the smog pump bearings were just about seized and the power steering pump was really stiff and I had removed most of the A/C components earlier so I wanted to bypass the A/C pulley. I picked up a ribbed tensioner pulley and a MUCH shorter belt and rerouted it. I also checked the timing because I was having to crank it twice just to start it. The timing was almost 5° ATDC so I set it at 14° BTDC. Starts right up. It is not hard to steer and runs much smoother. I am looking forward to the higher MPG numbers.

I pulled the serpentine belt today to check bearings and look the belt over and found out the smog pump bearings were just about seized and the power steering pump was really stiff and I had removed most of the A/C components earlier so I wanted to bypass the A/C pulley. I picked up a ribbed tensioner pulley and a MUCH shorter belt and rerouted it. I also checked the timing because I was having to crank it twice just to start it. The timing was almost 5° ATDC so I set it at 14° BTDC. Starts right up. It is not hard to steer and runs much smoother. I am looking forward to the higher MPG numbers.

Was that on the F250?

We need pics!

:cheers:

The alternator bolt was in the way so I ground the head a little and also cut the bushing down to flush. The belt now clears it by 1/16th of an inch. Just enough. The belt goes around the crank and up over the fan/water pump and to the tensioner and then over the alt and back down. SIMPLE. The belt is about 63" compared to 98" original. I still need to loop the P/S lines so I am not fighting the pump.

View attachment 133469
attachment.php

View attachment 133470
attachment.php

View attachment 133471
attachment.php

View attachment 133472
attachment.php

attachment.php

14 degrees BTDC may cause you some detonation issues if you use crappy gas. I run my Mustang at 15 and have to use 93 or better. Something to keep your ears open for. Ford sets most vehicles from the factory at 10 degrees for the ability to burn 87. If you had a way to add fuel pressure it would be alot safer to run that advanced timing. Good luck. Bet it feels alot better than before.:)

I only use premium. Never did like ethanol. It does feel a lot better with 14°. At least my BUTT-O-METER says so.:biggrinbounce2:

All gas (even Premium) had ETH in it now. Love the 300, it's an awesome motor, as long as the gearing is matched to the job they last a long time.

All gas (even Premium) had ETH in it now. Love the 300, it's an awesome motor, as long as the gearing is matched to the job they last a long time.

100% truth!!

A gallon of C16 can get that taken care of. Or I go to Sherwin Williams on occasion and pick up 5 gallons of xylene for about 20 bucks and a half a gallon of that will do the trick as well. Smells good to.:clap:

Latest posts

Back