So it's October 28th in Sweden...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
around 3:30am at the time i'm writing this post,

and I don't see anything *yet* about the official release of the 560xp, which as per a description made on an official husqvarna youtube video, is supposed to be released on October 28th.

I consulted the book, "Culture Shock: Sweden" and it suggests that Swedes are very good about keeping to deadlines...

The wait continues...

If that sob beats the 261 to the shelves, I'm going to be :angry:

Don't worry about this OCT 28 deal. I don't think it will be on any shelves til after the first of the year.

I'm really glad I got one of the test mules, because this would be driving me nuts. :givebeer:

Don't worry about this OCT 28 deal. I don't think it will be on any shelves til after the first of the year.

I'm really glad I got one of the test mules, because this would be driving me nuts. :givebeer:

Sorry I should be clearer, I don't mean to say that the saw will be on dealership shelves, etc. This is just when it's being "unveiled," supposedly. I'm just curious to see how much silver there is.

I don't know Spike, even after running the test mule, ya still got to be wanting one bad.:D I can see running one, then having to give it back and being just as pizzed.:D

I'm going to expect the 261 to run like a 660 if it takes much longer.:laugh:

Sorry I should be clearer, I don't mean to say that the saw will be on dealership shelves, etc. This is just when it's being "unveiled," supposedly. I'm just curious to see how much silver there is.

I think we can expect the crankcase to be silver, along with the clutch cover.

The more the availability lags that unveiling, the harder it's going to be to get them. The key is going to be to get an order in the system as soon as they release the product code.

The only problem is with your thread its driving me nuts not to have one in my hand.

Last edited:
The GIE Expo opens today in Louisville and Husq. always introduces a bunch of new product there so I'm guessing that's where it's going to be unveiled.

I think we can expect the crankcase to be silver, along with the clutch cover.

The more the availability lags that unveiling, the harder it's going to be to get them. The key is going to be to get an order in the system as soon as they release the product code.

Let's hope they have found some better silver paint, if that is the case! :laugh::laugh:

Let's hope they have found some better silver paint, if that is the case! :laugh::laugh:

Some urethane clear coat will toughen it up for sure. I've been using hardener activated solid urethanes on some restorations that I've been doing (leeha uses it too). It covers very well, easy to shoot and dries hard, fast, and above all, its very tough and fuel resistant. Definitely good stuff, seems to be as good or better than OEM.

The GIE Expo opens today in Louisville and Husq. always introduces a bunch of new product there so I'm guessing that's where it's going to be unveiled.

The GIE / EXPO is the 14th biggest trade show in the United States, might be a good place to unveil this much talked about chainsaw :)

The 261 has been on the shelves for a while - just not everywhere....:D:laugh::laugh:

Yeah. Saw one when I was at the local Stihl dealer (Felleskjøpet btw Troll) the other day. Lifted it up and held it. Felt nice, but not quite my cup of tea. Also I don't really like the looks of it, but that's secondary anyway.

Some urethane clear coat will toughen it up for sure. I've been using hardener activated solid urethanes on some restorations that I've been doing (leeha uses it too). It covers very well, easy to shoot and dries hard, fast, and above all, its very tough and fuel resistant. Definitely good stuff, seems to be as good or better than OEM.

Well - personally, I don't really care....:)

Back