from tree to avatar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! But, where's yur avatar? :blob2:

attachment_21132.php

That's because it's cacheable for a year.  The only way to get the new one is if the old one disappears from your browser cache (usually because of cache-size limitations and rollover, but you can force it by holding the shift key while clicking "reload" or by forcefully clearing your cache).

It's a lot better than having it be non-cacheable like the text of the pages is since it would have to be fetched every time.

Glen

What I want to know is how'd you get that MS361 two years ago, woodshop! Hahaha!

woodshop, sweet set-up! great shop...wow! what do you do for a living? im assuming it somehow involves all that prime lumber.

glens said:
What I want to know is how'd you get that MS361 two years ago, woodshop! Hahaha!
um... when did I ever say I got the MS361 2 years ago? Got it this past spring, May I think. I used an 034 AV super for my milling before that, and once in a while my Dad's 036. Don't think there WAS an MS361 two years ago was their?

enlighten me :)

jason j ladue said:
woodshop, sweet set-up! great shop...wow! what do you do for a living? im assuming it somehow involves all that prime lumber.
Unfortunately Jason I havn't worked in the woods for a paycheck since I was a logger for a pulpwood company in early 80's for a few years after I got out of college. (Penn State forestry). I went back to school for electronics, and for last 19 years I've been pretending to be an electronics tech for the USGS. I maintain river stage, rain and weather gages throughout the state of NJ. The woodshop is a hobby at this point, but I'm selling stuff without trying hard. One day might try and make a real buck or two from it. (me and the million other boomers who'll have time on their hands.)

glens I'm a little slow... figured out what you mean... no, while these pics are in sequence timeline wise for making the avatar, the actual wood/trees involved are not physically in sequence. For example, notice I am cutting down a tulip poplar tree in beginning pics... but some of the wood in the shop pics is oak. The final avatar is Red Oak. You're pretty sharp to catch that apparent inconsistency. Didn't mean to suggest I cut down a tree 2 years ago with a saw that was not in dealers at the time. Sorry for the confusion. :dizzy:

Dave

...ah HA... there is another discrepancy in the pics I just found after going through them. Wonder if anybody will catch it. The woodworker types will.

woodshop said:
um... when did I ever say I got the MS361 2 years ago? Got it this past spring, May I think. I used an 034 AV super for my milling before that, and once in a while my Dad's 036. Don't think there WAS an MS361 two years ago was their?

enlighten me :)
File Type: jpg 2 tree meets MS361.jpg (95.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 6 sticker and dry 2 yrs.jpg (67.0 KB, 21 views)

No confusion, I was just funnin' ya.

jason j ladue said:
man that is impressive. youre like norm abrahms dude. thats quite a hobby you got there
Norm Abrahms has a huge shop full of expensive top of the line tools that companies beg him to take so their machine will be seen in his shop. I've been waiting patiently for some time now, and so far Powermatic or Delta has not showed up at my front door as I expected begging me to take their newest 8 inch jointer off their hands. Maybe now that this oversite has been mentioned in an Arboristsite.com thread I will get results. ;)

Back