Yes the all new Dolmar PS3410TH is in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And We ran 3 tanks of fuel through her so far. The saw has a excellent power to weight ratio Starts very easy and is very comfortable to use. Ran it side by side with a Redmax (efco) G3100 also the Solo 637 it blew both of them out of the water. Then one of my arborist showed up with a not so well running 020T it had more top end granted it is leaking air and wont idle correctly but is much heavier to use.. So I give the German engineered German made DOLMAR top handle a A+ its about time we had a real climbing saw in our line. I will send it out for more testing and keep you posted but after 3 tanks she is sweet!
PS the chain we used on all the test saws is the Oregon 91P
pics to follow.............................
Scott

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

cuttinscott said:
And We ran 3 tanks of fuel through her so far. The saw has a excellent power to weight ratio Starts very easy and is very comfortable to use. Ran it side by side with a Redmax (efco) G3100 also the Solo 637 it blew both of them out of the water. Then one of my arborist showed up with a not so well running 020T it had more top end granted it is leaking air and wont idle correctly but is much heavier to use.. So I give the German engineered German made DOLMAR top handle a A+ its about time we had a real climbing saw in our line. I will send it out for more testing and keep you posted but after 3 tanks she is sweet!
PS the chain we used on all the test saws is the Oregon 91P
pics to follow.............................
Scott

Ya say the 020T is much heavier, durn how light is that new Dolmar??

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Ya say the 020T is much heavier, durn how light is that new Dolmar??

The saws full of gas and oil bars and chains on our UPS scales is a tad over 1/2 pound lighter but feels lighter cause of balance
hmmmm now im wondering if dat Stihl is a 020T or a 200T it has both tags on her after looking it is a 200T that has a 020T top handle from one of the junkers I had cause the Stihl dealer backordered the top handle for over 3 months.
Scott

Last edited:
cuttinscott said:

Had to correct your spell lol Tom
The saws full of gas and oil bars and chains on our UPS scales is a tad over 1/2 pound lighter but feels lighter cause of balance
hmmmm now im wondering if dat Stihl is a 020T or a 200T it has both tags on her after looking it is a 200T that has a 020T top handle from one of the junkers I had cause the Stihl dealer backordered the top handle for over 3 months.
Scott

lolol, hey I went back and put the o in the right spot,lol. Ok a 1/2 lighter. Now ya say the 020 or 200 wasn't running worth a hoot so spill the beans, did the 020 or 200 whip that new Dolmar or did the Dolmar whip the 020 or 200. We need to know these things Scott so spill the beans. That new Dolmar is pretty must admit....

Now Tom I said the 200T had more top end but the 3410 was much more comfortable and lighter. And the 200T was leaking a bit of air so she was running a tad fast. Also the 3410 is less cost than the 200T I do believe
Scott

Yeah, mine showed up today also; finally. I had almost forgot about 'em!

I think it's well built. I like the climbing ring and it looks like they did a good job of designing a front mounted air filter that seals pretty good. Not too sure about the exposed plug wire and I think they should have molded a thumb stop into the top handle. Did you catch the whole in the case that was plugged up for another stop switch? I guess there is a rear handle version of this somewhere.

166, and cuttinscott;

What has Dolmar got planned for Woodsman Days up in Boonville? I assume Atlantic Power has a booth. Are you guys working the booth, (or are you going to enjoy the show)? I'll be coming up Sunday.

Looks nice Scott. Thanks for the info on how she runs and feels. I've got plenty of climb saws currently, but will surely try one of those at some time.

Hey Spike ole buddy.. How are things downstate? cool off from last weeks heat yet? I was down your way monday and wednesday last week delivering a Timberwolf Processor in Hopewell Junction.
The switch hole is for the rear handle version

Boonville yea I'm working it setup thurs and tear down sunday I will be in the API booth and bringing some other toys as well. Hope to see you and other ArboristSite members there.

Scott

Dolmar or Echo?

Upon close inspection it looks like the PS-3410 had the case & engine designed or built by Echo. I pulled the covers off & looks like there's very little difference.
Is it worth the extra $100?

artwood said:
Upon close inspection it looks like the PS-3410 had the case & engine designed or built by Echo. I pulled the covers off & looks like there's very little difference.
Is it worth the extra $100?

Are you saying you have both saws to compare???

OK Eric... They both have a handle on top, a recoil on the left and a clutch on the right. BUT they are completely different designs. Unless you are talking about a german made echo that i havent seen yet. Have you run them side by side yet you will notice the Dolmar has a lot more torque.

Scott

I also thought it looked similar, but then the Tanaka, and maybe even Efco small saws look similar. Scott, is it reed valve or piston ported? I looked at the IPL, but not for that feature.

Thanks for including the brochure with my parts order! I'm sure impressed with the design of the 7900...It was easy to work on and those springs are a work of art and ingenuity.

Roger, Yes it is a reed valve engine. after a few tanks it really comes to life actually a bit rich with the caps on here anyway. Glad you got the parts Ok

Scott

Last edited:
side by side

I had them I did. I didn't run the Dolmar yet, just was looking it over & wondering how customers are going to compare them. Same carb, air filters & covers could be interchanged. Engine design on the outside looks the same, both about 33cc. The case is very similar design, both have the backwards oil filler in back, gas in front. The rubber bushings look a little heavier on the Dolmar.
I really like the 5100 & 7900 saws & was hoping this would be a pro saw to go head to head with the MS200 or 336xp. Just wondering if any had run the 3410 compared to the Echo which are available everywhere. They just look suspiciously similar. Don't know if I want to bother getting it dirty.

Latest posts

Back