WTD: 038 Service/Parts Manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grawil

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Stihl 038 service and parts manuals?

Thanks,
Graham
--
Stihl 038AVSQE

038 IPL I have, workshop manual I don't.

PM me your email address and I'll send it.

Dan

Oh,perhaps just the users manuals are available ,my mistake.I have the whole lot in a big huge orange book with nearly all the ipl's except the 090 and 090G.The repair manuals are on microfiche.

One last bump for a copy of the 038 service manual... Many thanks for the IPL! The illustrations are much better than what I originally had.

Graham

Along these lines, has anyone got access to a Stihl FS36 trimmer IPL and or service manual? I broke mine apart to attempt to fix the on/off switch and when it came out, it didn't make sense how to put it back. There's a plastic switch that actuates a little bent piece of metal inside, but I can't figure out how it's supposed to actuate it. On top of it or below...:dizzy:

Long story short, I'd love to give my Stihl dealer some money, but not on a 17 year old trimmer that I'm probably about to replace with a shiny new one, maybe around Christmas. (Maybe some money for him then...) Was hoping to get this one back together until then without too much trial and error and would like to at least see the IPL hoping it would give me an idea how the two pieces interact with each other. Or, if anyone knows off the top of their head how that little bent metal piece is supposed to work with the on/off switch...

Back to my, "if it ain't broke, fix it?" thread, I guess I should have left well enough alone in this case. The on/off switch worked, but only after you pushed really hard on it for a few seconds would it turn off, so I thought I would attempt to fix it. :D Otherwise, the trimmer works ok for as old as it is. Gonna probably need it this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have most all IPL's and srvice manuals. As sending them as a pdf that takes a lot of time as each page has to be scanned then emailed. It would take quite a few hours whereas a few minutes in the copy machine.

Bill

038 Downloads

Thanks for sharing Graham and sledgehammer. This will help a lot of people out, myself included.

Mark

Last edited:
Very helpful indeed! Even got this lurker to register :D

My local dealer wanted to charge me $50 for a photocopy when I asked him about this.

$50 for a photocopy? My friendly dealer sold me a brand new one (including getting it in from Stihl for the next day) for £2.32 - less than $5. :biggrinbounce2:

$50 for a photocopy? My friendly dealer sold me a brand new one (including getting it in from Stihl for the next day) for £2.32 - less than $5. :biggrinbounce2:

Your dealer was honest as that is what they cost. The other dealer at $50 was just tired and did not want to mess with it, In other words he was lazy and should nit be a dealer. If he opened the binder in front of him he would it for $4 dealer cost,

Bill

Unfortunately very few printed manuals of any type are left at Stihl. They have gone completely electronic and aren't even supplying dealers with many of the printed manuals now.

need also service manual or part list for 038 av magnum

do you still have the service manual or part list of 038 magnum? pls help me..

many thanks to you.

Back