460 DP on 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wismer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been reading up on modding my 440, but it looks like the 460 DP is another route? How easy is this to do? Do I have to make any special modifications to mount it? Also what kind of cost am I going to be looking at?

Thanks guys

Craig

$30 and it replaces the front cover of your exisiting muffler - 4 screws. Then you need to retune the carb slightly richer.

The 440 and the 460 use the same cover. The part number is 1128 140 0801. My dealer couldn't find it and I had to give him the number. No modifications required to mount - they just bolt right on. They say it adds 1/2 hp, but it sure feels like more. Lots more grunt. I put a dual port on the 440, 460, and the 660 and it really makes a difference. I have heard/read here, that opening up the stock outlet hole as well will add even more. But I haven't done that yet out of fear of making the saw too loud. Want to make sure I stay friends with my neighbors.

To adjust your carb use a tach to set max rpm's @ 13,500 as a starting point. If you don't have a tach, you can tune by ear. Better to use a tach, though. There's lots of threads on how to adjust your carb if you do a search. But be ready to spend some time sifting through the tons of information on carb tuning.

The next step is mild porting. I haven't gotten into that yet, but it sounds like fun...:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back