brake drum woodstove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
preview_woodstove20010.jpg

preview_woodstove20020.jpg

preview_woodstove20030.jpg

recycled from 2 logtruck brake drms and a car rim various scaps of metal
Added several more pics for ya

Last edited:
Now who in thier right mind looks at a couple of clapped out brake drums, and an old rim, and see's a woodstove?

That's just SICK!!!

I LIKE IT!!!:biggrinbounce2:

Somebody put some thought and effort into it.
Nicely done!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Man thats cool. When I was a truck mechanic I would scrap a couple of them a week. Never thought of doing that. Id like to see some more pics also. :biggrinbounce2:

Man thats cool. When I was a truck mechanic I would scrap a couple of them a week. Never thought of doing that. Id like to see some more pics also. :biggrinbounce2:

Sorry the jack is not for sale ! Thats how I move the stove!
It weighs in at about 500 pounds!I'll see if I can add more pics didn't expect as much intrest .The top can be jacked off baciclysplits in the middle and the exhast moved in any location 360 deg around the unit, it has inside air on the door and outside air intake can be plumbed in at the rear via a 2x3 tube which preheats beneath and thru the two lumps beside the door and the air enters at the top of the door preheated to burn near the top of the stove . Oh ya it heats Ive had the door front glowing with a load of fir bark in there it is only 1/4 material.The drum material is a lot harder to make glow :D
:blob2:

Guess I better stop using drums for bench grinder and anvil mounts, and start making wood stoves out of em. Great idea, and it looks good too.:blob2:

Pretty inventive and cheap to boot!!! How does it work? I have some uses for that pallet jack too!!:cheers:

My neighbor bought one of those pallet jacks. I asked him what is was for. He sadi he was going to put the big plow on it and store it in the shed... across the lawn. I told him but he tried anyway. It was a big plow and he got a little upset when I told he was gonna have to call his kids to help him.

Very nice, and should last a long time to boot.

I too feal that nothing is scrap (just ask my folks, they call me sanford :) ) At any rate I've been thinking of building a OWB using an old fork truck wheel that we're scraping out at work as the fire box. The wheel's 30X36X1.5 thick (no tire pressed on just the steel rim) and the best part is I can pick it up cheap. I really enjoy building and looking at stuff like this, really gets ya thinking about just what we spend our money on and just how much of it can be had a lot cheaper with a little time and some imagination.

Good job :givebeer:

Back