Anyone tried the new LX50 entry level Woodmizer mills?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occurred to me an easy solution that would get by 99.9 percent of inspectors is just have your own rubber stamp made as an imitation of the stamp of SPIB or anyone that operates in your neck of the woods, and just stamp your own wood lol. Doubt any framing inspection would even read what's on the stamp, it could be some numbers with an image of SpongeBob Squarepants and they'd okay it.

Occurred to me an easy solution that would get by 99.9 percent of inspectors is just have your own rubber stamp made as an imitation of the stamp of SPIB or anyone that operates in your neck of the woods, and just stamp your own wood lol. Doubt any framing inspection would even read what's on the stamp, it could be some numbers with an image of SpongeBob Squarepants and they'd okay it.

Where I am, 90%+ of the homes/structures are unpermitted. Only occasionally is it an issue.

Where I am, 90%+ of the homes/structures are unpermitted. Only occasionally is it an issue.
Ya even the aimish that are moving in and building new homes and buildings build with big box lumber. I think the inspector didn't want the aimish moving in, because the one, had to redo his sheep barn because it wasn't up to code, and fighting about that. Then you got aimish moving into farms that the asking price was 900g and they have and run skid steers and tractors and have lights🤣🤷‍♂️

The law in PA says you can use whatever lumber you want so long as it is graded if used in a load bearing/supporting application. It's not hard to find someone around here with the certification, but till you're done getting everything graded you may as well have bought box store graded lumber and called it a day.

The law in PA says you can use whatever lumber you want so long as it is graded if used in a load bearing/supporting application. It's not hard to find someone around here with the certification, but till you're done getting everything graded you may as well have bought box store graded lumber and called it a day.
can you get certified yourself in P.A.?

Ya that would go over, like a stink bomb in church (🤫🤣) since the township building is visible from my house.

I eventually fell back on not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole when contemplating how I'm going to build my future house, or some other small spec houses I had in mind. Anything aside from stick building (or post and beam) with graded lumber doesn't seem worth the bother as far as the shell. There's really not that much savings to be had in the shell of any house doing your own lumber vs the labor and hassle of milling that much dimensional softwood. The frame is still one of the least expensive parts of a house and big box softwood framing lumber is cheap. Where I want to mill my own wood is quality hardwood for flooring, paneling, built ins, counters, etc, nothing structural.

Latest posts

Back