Echo CS 501P vs Stihl MS 260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 590 and 620 came rich from the factory, but that’s mostly due to the semi fixed jet in the carb. Plug that with jb weld or something similar and it tunes like normal

When you say factory spec are you talking about reccomended adjustment screw position or does Echo give a max no load rpm?
Do Echo's have rev limited coils?
Talking about no load rpm. Yes, echo list the rpm in the tech specs at the end of the manuals. If saw calls for 12,000, I’ll bring them right up to it, or less depending on how the saw feels.

Many Echos do have limited coils. Some don’t. Depends on the model. I’ll always dial them back to make sure I’m not up against the limit and listen and feel how they cut. I’m usually only adjusting broken in saws about once a year if that.

If i was buying between the 590 or 620 it would be the 620 hands down. The rim sprocket is so much cheaper to replace than the spur. 6 bucks vs 52. Give me the rim every time. I have a 2009 model cs530, been a great saw, have replaced the rim several times. The 590 and 620 both have inboard clutches so rim or spur are easy to change. My 530 has an outboard clutch so replacement of rim involves removing clutch. Echo makes a good quality saw, and i own one. First hand experience.

If i was buying between the 590 or 620 it would be the 620 hands down. The rim sprocket is so much cheaper to replace than the spur. 6 bucks vs 52. Give me the rim every time. I have a 2009 model cs530, been a great saw, have replaced the rim several times. The 590 and 620 both have inboard clutches so rim or spur are easy to change. My 530 has an outboard clutch so replacement of rim involves removing clutch. Echo makes a good quality saw, and i own one. First hand experience.
Those 530’s were very good saws! They were an all metal, 3 piece clamshell. Very durable and decent performers. I’ve got an old cs440, same design. They don’t quit.

the op asked about a cs501 vs ms260....

Back