My 365/372 now sportin the Big Dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddyR

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay so when I first started seeing the big saw dogs I had no idea why it wound be necessary until someone explained to me that the bark on some trees was thicker and the bigger dogs were needed to get a better bite for leveraging the saw. I bought this set from Haywire and before they got here last week I went to cut on a big oak trunk and found that I couldn't get a good bite with the OE dogs because the bark was so thick. I realized then I made a good decision in buying them.

Well they came Thursday and I finally got to put them on today. They fit like a glove. They are from a 372xpw I think

Bad: I only get about 24" of the 28" Techlite to use. Saw no longer fits in the power box.

Good: They look great and will help out in the thicker bark and when more bite is needed. I now have an empty power box for a 346 when I get the cash. Either way I have an empty box to fill on my way to a 4 saw plan. 40cc, 50cc, 70cc, and 95-120cc.:hmm3grin2orange:

Pics of the difference from OE to new
And on the saw.

View attachment 279614

Before
View attachment 279617

After
View attachment 279618

The difference
View attachment 279622

Sent from my iPhone using My Fingers

Last edited:
sweet dogs. i got the same ones on my 372. yer next go is a full wrap handle bar. i got mine with the full wrap already on it so when i would use my 365 i always felt ripped off cause it doesn't have the full wrap. the little pecker dogs off the 365 sure are terrible. for around here anyways. sweet upgrade :msp_thumbup:

sweet dogs. i got the same ones on my 372. yer next go is a full wrap handle bar. i got mine with the full wrap already on it so when i would use my 365 i always felt ripped off cause it doesn't have the full wrap. the little pecker dogs off the 365 sure are terrible. for around here anyways. sweet upgrade :msp_thumbup:

True. I was teetering back and forth on the full wrap but after the last big tree that I dropped that will be my next upgrade for this saw. Just frustrating when you can't get a comfortable grip you want.

I use twin dogs or west coast dogs plus the full wrap handle on most saws.
I do not like walking around a tree that’s knotched to switch sides for the back cut it’s unsafe. Barber chairs?

Back