The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would appear I have a cracked clutch. What's my best bet for a replacement? Or is it supposed to be like that? I haven't looked too closely at it before, but after getting the saw running I put the bar and chain on and it just spins with each pull. Never did that before. IPL says PN is 214301
Needle bearing is also shot

Needle bearing is also shot

The clutch hub does appear to be cracked. Just about any 10 series saw clutch will fit. It shouldn't be hard to find one. If you can't @heimannm should be able to help you with a clutch and bearing.

The hubs get cracked by over tightening the nut. the correct torque is 160 -170 inch pounds or 13 - 14 ft/lbs

Make sure there is zero oil on the mating surfaces when you install it.

The clutch hub does appear to be cracked. Just about any 10 series saw clutch will fit. It shouldn't be hard to find one. If you can't @heimannm should be able to help you with a clutch and bearing.

The hubs get cracked by over tightening the nut. the correct torque is 160 -170 inch pounds or 13 - 14 ft/lbs

Make sure there is zero oil on the mating surfaces when you install it.
Yeah I've seen the grease thing. I'm working with @heimannm to get some parts. I've also been watching a lot of hopper nation on YouTube. Loads of good tutorials on these saws

Back