What brand outlast?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My own feeling on any of the 50cc saws I've run, is that without special consideration and a little babying you could probably burn any of them up fairly quickly with steady use. You can correct me if I'm wrong on that, and I admit this is probably because I've mostly run 365's and 372's. They are overkill for much of what I do but they never feel like they are struggling. In my particular application you don't need to worry about what bar/ chain you run, you don't need to worry about the finer points of filing and raker height, and you don't often need to worry about pushing them too hard. By comparison the 50's often feel like I have them running on the edge of their capabilities, but maybe that's just me.
I think that’s pretty probable. I’ve used a lot of 50cc saws and they all seem like little torches, hot and fast. They are light and handy so they get picked up a lot and you’ll tend to keep running them when the wood gets bigger. The bigger saws do seem to handle the work and heat better. My 395 has spent a lot of time buried in big stumps and lugging through big wood and the piston looks new compared to a 50cc with less hours. Of course, I’ve learned by running hour meters on certain saws, that our perceptions of actual hours we put on them is very inaccurate.

Back