Why do "Chinesium" chainsaws need a richer oil mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please stay on topic. We have forums for ranting and complaining. This thread is not about either.

This thread will be cleaned removing the bickering and irrelevant posts.
Most every thread on this site drifts off topic sooner or latter. Just the nature of a forum like this.
If your going to delete every thread that's off topic or there is bickering you won't have many left.
I suggest just letting it go so long as it's not getting out of hand, which it hasnt.

so since the farmertec stuff has the EPA label does that make them legal?
If a fake Rolex watch comes with papers does that make it legal? They make fake handbags that have genuine Italian leather stickers and logos on them too, doesn't mean they are made with real leather or they are licensed products that meet federal safety standards.

If a fake Rolex watch comes with papers does that make it legal? They make fake handbags that have genuine Italian leather stickers and logos on them too, doesn't mean they are made with real leather or they are licensed products that meet federal safety standards.
There is that. However, farmer tech did have some 2021 models that where legal. 3 to be exact.

I assume all their pre built saws have the stickers real or not who knows. There website does show the built ones with EPA stickers on them.

If you built a stihl ms660 from the ground up it won't have the sticker so does that make it illegal?

I assume all their pre built saws have the stickers real or not who knows. There website does show the built ones with EPA stickers on them.

If you built a stihl ms660 from the ground up it won't have the sticker so does that make it illegal?
Only legal in 2021 and only for three stihl knockoffs. No Husky knockoffs have been legal from my search.
Also tge ones that were legal were suppose to gave a cat muffler.

OMG!... What have I done!! Oh the horror.. What about the children!!
Civilization as we know it is doomed !! We're on the highway to hell. " Pop culture reference".. LOL

All I wanted to know was why the "Chinesium" saw manual called for a 25 (ish) to 1 mix ratio..

Suddenly, well actually, at a medium pace, the thread has slowly but surely turned into a debate about the relative value of a "Chinesium" saw against a known name brand saw..

What is this.. what is that.. why would you do.. What do you think is important when you buy a saw..

Seriously guys, stop it. !!

Opinions are like bellybuttons and butt holes.. Everyone has one..

Wow!

So.. In other late breaking news..

As the common opinion as to mix ratios seemed to point to that the recommended mix ratios were because the manufacturer would not be able to be sure what mix oil was going to be used by the end purchaser.
I agree, that made total sense to me.

On the 25 CC top handle, I ran the first tank dry, and the refilled with Amsoil Saber, and Ethanol free Premium at 50 (ish) to 1. I tuned it, (leaned it out a bit), and it runs like a champ.. Only issue I had was that the saw wouldn't run for more than 20 seconds when on it's side. I pulled the gas line out, nipped a half inch off it, and threw on a heavier "clunker". It now screams no matter which way it's oriented. No worries.. It has it's idiosyncrasies, but I'm spoiled by my 2 Echo 355T"S. Other than a Stihl 201, top handle Arborist saws just don't get much better than that.

I wanted a top handle saw that I wouldn't care if I stuffed it into dirt, fell off the back of my truck, got run over, or just died from natural causes. That's exactly what I got. I wanted an "other " saw that I could bring out, not use, keep as a spare, and that's exactly what I got. For a very cheap price.

This doesn't have to do with Global politics. It doesn't have to do with American values, it was just about mix ratios.,

So, please stop the 1@@#$ issing contest about their value.. The question about the mix ratio has been more than adequately answered, and thanks to all that contributed on that topic. Seriously, I appreciate all the knowledgeable and informed opinions.

Let's, please, put this thread to rest.

Thanks..
"Clunker"?

Ummmm... "clunker".. I don't know what else to call it... Maybe "weighted fuel pick up filter?". AFAIK, the fuel pick up in a hand held 2 stroke ( chain saw, weed whacker ( O.K..."Line trimmer" LOL ), is weighted so that it'll sink into the bottom of the fuel tank, no matter how the unit is oriented. As the 25 CC top handle didn't have the fuel line connected to the "clunker", it'd only run right when straight up and down. When the saw was tipped on it's side, it died out when the fuel line came out of the fuel in the tank.
An easy fix / diagnosis/ and an appropriate commentary on the build quality of "Chinesium" saws..
At the end of the day, I got 2 saws, ( 25 CC top handle, and 60 CC 20 inch bar, ) for less than $400.00 ( CDN ), which is around $300.00 (USD).
As they were bought through Amazon, I reached out to them, as the 60 CC saw slowly, but surely, dripped bar oil. Amazon contacted the vendor, and they told me to dispose of the saw, and they would fully credit me for the purchase. What I really wanted was a repair kit. WTF??

Take the credit and source the parts on your own. I wouldnt be surprised if that was the extent of their customer service. There is a reason theyre so cheap, zero overhead. Welcome to the world of throw away crap.

Latest posts

Back