Oregon 410-120 Chain Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just learned a difference between the Oregon 410-120 and the Tecomec Jolly EVO (I thought that they were identical). Hard to keep up!

The Oregon 410 has a tilting vise, to obtain a 10° ‘down angle’ (something I seldom use), and the Tecomec EVO uses a sliding vise to approximate this feature, as well as to compensate for grinding wheel wear.

The designer of the ‘SquareJig’ (square chain grinding device) says that it will work with either if these designs, but better with the sliding vise feature on the EVO.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/i-can-square-grind-with-my-round-grinder.358884/

Do, that could be a consideration, if you are thinking about trying that device. Otherwise, I would still go with the Tecomec ‘Compact’, Tecomec Jolly, or Oregon 520 (depending your budget).

Philbert

Is there a difference between the Tecomec super jolly and the speed sharp?
I believe Super Jolly has hydraulic clamping vise. Speed Sharp (same as ‘Compact’?) is their low feature, full-sized grinder.

Note that some of these names get used differently, especially, when Internet searching.

Best thing is to go to Tecomec website and search for specific features: wheel size, motor amperage, tilting vise, sliding vise, built in light, etc.

Same thing with Oregon website.

Look for specific model numbers on retailer websites.

Philbert

Back