Why do "Chinesium" chainsaws need a richer oil mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know much about the case. Did they block the strato ports and use a strato piston at the same time? Did they install a strato carb with a shutter (or an independent shutter) for clean air in this saw?

Because if not, it's nothing new. There have been chainsaws that use a strato cylinder with gasketed strato ports for over 20 years. Only such saws use a normal piston and a normal carburetor.
I bought one as a tinker toy last year. Stratto port was blocked off, stratto piston. Bad intake leak. Ran like crap. Ended up with a husqy/zenaoh p/c on it. It's still not a great runner vs my gz4000. I had contemplated buying a gz4350 to compare but they are discontinued and parts are already needing to be special ordered. I did post fairly extensive pictures of all the issues with it I found on another clone thread. Not impressed even for under $200.00 shipped to the door.

Regardless, if they are legal, they would be certified/listed and would be labeled as such. They are not.
So the if they are sold on Amazon they must be legal is a bunch of BS.

Clean air act, buddy. That's what gives the EPA the ability to regulate.
And to be clear they are counterfeit.

The epa relies on self reporting unfortunately, emissions testing should be done in the country of sale not at the factory on foreign soil.
https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/mtd-and-jenn-feng-clean-air-act-caa-settlement

Regardless, if they are legal, they would be certified/listed and would be labeled as such. They are not.
So the if they are sold on Amazon they must be legal is a bunch of BS.

Clean air act, buddy. That's what gives the EPA the ability to regulate.
And to be clear they are counterfeit.
Innocent untill proven guiltily is the american way right? Or at least it's suppose to be, I would gladly say they are illegal if anyone can prove that they are but just saying "The Clean air act" means nothing unless you can pull the line from that act that actually makes them illegal.

Innocent untill proven guiltily is the american way right? Or at least it's suppose to be, I would gladly say they are illegal if anyone can prove that they are but just saying "The Clean air act" means nothing unless you can pull the line from that act that actually makes them illegal.
If they are legal they have to have a sticker on them stating their compliant along with a listing on the epa data base. This isn't disputable.
It also isn't disputable that they are knock offs.
The lengths you guys will go to in order to purchase cheap junk from a geo political enemy is astounding.

I was interested to read the post about using 30w as my push mower says to use it. Never thought of it in a chainsaw.

When I was young, my grandpa had a small saw Mill. One of the old timber cutters that brought him some logs to Mill said that they poured a quart of 30 weight motor oil into a 5 gallon can of gas to use in their saws. That works out to be 20:1.

China just isn't a reputable country that respects the international rules, laws and order. The scheme, counterfeit and cheat whenever they can.
I have been to China several dozen times, both in the capacity of selling US-manufactured goods to China and vice versa. What you say is true of about 75-90% of companies and 100% true of their government. However, there are good, conscientious people and companies over there who make good products and behave ethically. My business partner, an Ex-Chinese PhD engineer, has learned how to navigate that minefield and only deal with high quality, reputable companies. I have also done engineering consulting work for Chinese companies, and I have never been stiffed out of payment. However, I have been stiffed out of payment by 1 Canadian company and 3 American companies.

I wish the made some drop in parts for my diesels to bypass all the EPA **** i'd be all over it. Emissions garbage is not enforced in my state luckily except for semi's they still have to comply somewhat at least.
In theory, they can fine the mechanic who makes such changes, or you if you do it yourself. And the fines are very large.

Back