dolmar 6800i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leed3349

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just wondering if someone had a pic of one with factory dogs on it the one i got had dogs with it but not on it and they are big thanks lee

The 6000i and 6800i should have pretty much the same dawgs

If you are looking at saw pictures from Europe, the USA Dolmar's had larger Dawgs and a different muffler

I bought 4 of these on the bag a few years back.

The first pic is of my 6800, the second is a 120si. Me thinks they came on the 116si/120si perhaps 6800i too. they fit like a charm, and also fit 120/120 Super (inside only) I think there were outter ones made also, but they had a different mounting pattern.

You have the outter too?

attachment.php

attachment.php

oops,

first pic was of the 116si, I could tell it wasn't the 6800i (too dirty)
Here's the 6800 wearin' it's dog, I think these are some really good looking dogs. Wish I could find an outter, or a good pattern for one (hint, hint)

attachment.php

Outer Spike

oops,

first pic was of the 116si, I could tell it wasn't the 6800i (too dirty)
Here's the 6800 wearin' it's dog, I think these are some really good looking dogs. Wish I could find an outter, or a good pattern for one (hint, hint)

attachment.php

Dolmar Parts look up

View Details

SKU DOL-030250030
Title Dolmar Chain Saw Parts # 030250030 0PIKE BAR
Description Dolmar Chain Saw Parts # 030250030 0PIKE BAR
Mowtownusa Price $13.99
Qty

thanks guys for the pic mine where not on the saw when i got it the guy and old sacks dealer i ask if he had some because he still uses the 6800 for firewood himself and his saw did not have them on it either so he gave me a set big 4 tooth with one hole on top and 2 on the bottom they fit good but big i took some pic and trying to get them to my album thanks lee

The 6800 didn't have any holes

The 6400/7900 has several (5) holes but the end with more holes goes to the top?

Spikes

The spikes are still available in the parts system

The inner and outer spikes differ by the inner ones have nuts mounted in the mounting holes.

If you find a inner spike and you want to use it on the outside, you can knock the nuts out and use it on the outside.

The position of the mounting holes is the same inner and outer.

The inner spike is relieved for getting to the front bar bolt when mounted on the outside.

Two 6 X 16 metric bolts and two self locking hex nuts are needed for mounting on the outside.

The holes are not the same in or out on the 120 I did. The outer had to be weld filled and re-drilled. (and the mounted nuts twisted out O' the dawg)

Should clarify,

the spikes were all inners, the inners need modified to fit on the clutch cover. (at least they did on my plain 120)

I have a 6000i and the holes were in the outer cover that matched the holes punched in the inner spike I had.

I ordered a outer spike from the dealer but when it came, it had the inner spike parts number with the captive insert nuts, or whatever they are, in the holes. The nuts tapped out of the holes very easily. I figured the dealer ordered the wrong part number? I just tried to salvage what I had.

Last edited:
well thanks guy i got the spikes from the old dealer and they have for spikes and are big the holes line up and i got them on look good to ive put a pic in my photo album but the adminsters have not let it go through yet i did have to mod the inner spike thanks again lee and the dolmar saws do not get enough credit this thing rips i have a 272xp and the dolmar is right there

...and it only took you 6 years, 4 months, and 5 days ! LOL

100_0723-1.jpg

I've had a 6800i for a while and still haven't had a chance to take it out in the woods. It's just got the 1 dog on the inside and it's got 3 teeth. I usually grab the tried-and-true 268 that a member here built for me. I've gotta give that 6800i a run one of these days.

I've had a 6800i for a while and still haven't had a chance to take it out in the woods. It's just got the 1 dog on the inside and it's got 3 teeth. I usually grab the tried-and-true 268 that a member here built for me. I've gotta give that 6800i a run one of these days.

That or get rid of it by sending to me. I'll pay the shipping. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back