Home made wood splitter table...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On our troy bilt we just took 2 pieces of 2" angle iron 24 inches long and butt welded it directly to the beam of the splitter. We placed it 20" apart and then used carriage bolt to attach a 3/16" 20x24 inch metal top on it. It makes an excellent table to either set big rounds on or we use it to put pieces of big splits on until we work them down to firewood size pieces.
We have placed pieces weighing 175 to 200 lbs on it and it doesn't affect the balance of the splitter. Makes a nice table to put saws on to refuel.
It has been solid as a rock.

Been thinking about this myself. My splitter is a 3 pt hitch variety. I was thinking about welding a chunk of 2" channel on the bottom of the beam at the very back, and using it like a receiver hitch on a truck. I first wanted a way to move my wagons around while I had the splitter on the tractor. Then i got thinking I could build a light table out of pipe and weld it onto a 2" stub that would also fit into the receiver hitch. Have not figured out the table design yet, but looking at these pictures helps.

Tim in NY

Here are a couple of pics of mine. I use the log lift in the up position a lot as a staging table with smaller wood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don

Get a couple of 3/8" beam clamps. And you can make an easily removable table. Ive got one 8' 2x4 and some scrap pieces of pressure treated plywood, on one side then i have a sample 24"x16" sample of hickory flooring on the other side screwed to an old bed frame bolted to the beam clamp. Super, super cheap too! I had at least 80 lbs on them today and it didnt budge. I ll try and steal the wifes Iphone and get a pic on here. and if you have big logs and you dont like wrestling them around on the ground i just use my atv loading ramps and set them on the splitter and roll the rounds up.

I stack a ramp out of the split pieces and roll the big boys up. I let a pile of splits build on the oppisite side to catch the pieces from dropping to the ground.

Just sent you a rep. I had a few big rounds to load on the trailer. Made a ramp from a few smaller pieces and rolled up the big ones. Thanks!

This is what I have been working on, Its not finished yet , its just mocked up right now and I still need to get the braces cut to go under the table.It will clear the tire in the vert position, so no need to be removed.I am going to drill 3 holes in the beam and secure with 1/2" bolts through the angle iron . Its gonna be built to last so I may have to add some counter weight but not a big deal.

I have attached a few pics, but you can see more in this link
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/kstill361/Log Splitter Table/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

28.jpg

26.jpg

29.jpg

22.jpg

31.jpg

I am gathering parts to add a log lift/shelf on my splitter, ( it will be like the log lift on the blue splitter, I am going to make it removable.

Finally got the table installed or is it a wing

I just used the originall brackets and added a piece of 3/8 thick metal as you can see in the first pic. I decided to weld a piece directly to the foot of the spliter to make the table a little more rigid wont take much to cut it loose If I decide I dont like it

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see I ran out of paint on the bottom
attachment.php

:bowdown: You guys do some fancy fab work.

Mine is just 1/2 re-bar that I had laying around it's ugly but it holds my 250lb butt without screaming.

It didnt cost me anything but some welding wire plus I taught my son how to weld.

Back