Inside the Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparison of size. I have a 353 and 346 here but they are in pieces :bang: so a 350 was in their place.

100_4896 by mweba1, on Flickr

100_4897 by mweba1, on Flickr

Tore the 550 down to check for odd wear. Looks like we are a go for vid tomorrow, rain or shine.

Thought I remembered you had commented on it. My Oppama wont register it and reverts to the hour meter. :confused:

#
EX 106
Tran 115 9 d BD
Int 74 BTDC or 148 d which ever way ya do it.

squish .033
gasket .026
no comp reading. Its a pain with the plugs.

After
114 8 BD

Husqvarna has the new comp tester available for the xt saws with the lil plugs, will post the part number when back at work in the morning.

Last edited:
Husqvarna has the new comp tester available for the xt saws with the lil plugs, will post the part number when back at work in the morning.

I have the adapter but the o ring blows out the side at 140ish. Needs a retaining groove.

I've had a 10mm adapter for a couple decades now. Bikes have been using 10mm plugs since back in the day. More room for valves. ;)

I haven't had any issues with mine, thought everybody had one :D

Silly Hondas and a couple others have had 10mm for a while, just so happens I can use the one I had on these. I do prefer the proper adapter for the pressure/vac testing though, that's more important than a comp gauge IMO.

Back