Stihl 075

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at a Stihl 075 early in the morning. It hasn't been run in five years. What kind of defects should I be looking for? Can I cover my investment if I can't get it running? He's asking 100.00

100 is definitely worth it in my opinion. It's not possible to see the piston without major disassembly. Sometimes people ask crazy prices but I don't think they sell. Fairly bulletproof saw. Many times people are confused and are selling an 051.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a beast of a saw for $100. I'd probably go for it too. Why did they have it sitting around for 5 years? If they just stopped using it I'd imagine maybe just cleaning it out and some new lines

Its a 075 for sure he hung it up because it weights 26 pounds plus. I was thinking for a mill saw but from what I understand gas and oil loads from the top not the side. Can I still find parts for it?

Gas on top, oil on side. Many parts are interchangeable and I've seen many people fooled. Easiest way to tell 100% is to look for studs on the cylinder top. 051 used screws. 075/076 used studs with a nut.

A lot of parts available on eBay. Not sure about the dealer. I think most parts are discontinued. I have two and both have a broken AV mount that is impossible to find. Been looking for years.

Gas on top, oil on side. Many parts are interchangeable and I've seen many people fooled. Easiest way to tell 100% is to look for studs on the cylinder top. 051 used screws. 075/076 used studs with a nut.

Got Ya!

6ed28a1c3f861e5670ae01985f951347.png

Part #37. Seems to be a weak point.

100 bucks is cheap! Even if there would be an additional P/C investment... Just make sure the crankcase bottom is intact. A lot of 050~076 have a big hole there :surprised3:

A lot of parts available on eBay. Not sure about the dealer. I think most parts are discontinued. I have two and both have a broken AV mount that is impossible to find. Been looking for years.

I found a guy in the States who was selling aftermarket av rubbers complete sets on eBay.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I found a guy in the States who was selling aftermarket av rubbers complete sets on eBay.

Thank you, there's actually quite a bit of AV parts on eBay. The part I was referring to is a metal bracket that connects the handle to the case. It's made up of two pieces and for some reason the one side is easy to find and the other is nonexistent.

Thank you, there's actually quite a bit of AV parts on eBay. The part I was referring to is a metal bracket that connects the handle to the case. It's made up of two pieces and for some reason the one side is easy to find and the other is nonexistent.

Yes your right,that is a rare part

Not sure if its a 075, but I can tell you its a giant beast. I'll clean out the muffler, check the crank shaft for side play , do a compression test and see what else I can do to get it fired up. serial number 5668547.DSCN3381.JPG DSCN3384.JPG DSCN3385.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3382.JPG
    DSCN3382.JPG
    478.1 KB
It definitely has a 51 gas tank. Only way to tell for sure it to look for the cylinder studs. Use a flashlight and look behind the muffler if it's a 075 you should see a nut.
14fb5f411543c93a34475399dd23fb42.jpg

6ba7728f500a8935c844e8ac7a39463c.jpg

Part #37 is only used for the full wrap handle bar (which everyone wants). In the last 2 years I managed to track down 6 of them used and paid at least $35.00 each for them, one of them I would describe as being in really nice shape, the others were more or less "usable" the weight of the saw sits on this small piece with the full wrap so it gets beat up pretty badly over time.
Dave

Latest posts

Back