Walbro Carb Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So buddy of mine drops off his Remington pole saw since it is running bad. It has a Walbro WT1116 carb on it but look at the needles. There must be a special tool to adjust them. Round head with just a small flat. Anyone know where to get one?

e081ff2f3a463037b44bdcb0e15643ce.jpg

Brian

U can buy a 4pc adjuster set on eBay that covers most new carbs, my toro leaf blower has that same screw head, I took a dremel cut off wheel and made a slot across the top of screws and carb body so I can use a flathead on them

U can buy a 4pc adjuster set on eBay that covers most new carbs, my toro leaf blower has that same screw head, I took a dremel cut off wheel and made a slot across the top of screws and carb body so I can use a flathead on them
that was me plan too if I can get them out! thanks for the tip on where to get the tools.

Brian

You may not have to take them out, once the carb is off you can slot it without removing screws, and possibly clean the tips of screws inside carb (depending on carb) with carb cleaner

3265b6a0014c198a77f7c9caed09b063.jpg

The carb is completely exposed. the needles are way below the casting surface on this one. I see the tool set, one had 6 different heads in it. Annoying, like a screwdriver slot didn't work for 50 years...

Brian

I cut right into carb body surrounding the screws, it doesn't do anything to the carb. One slot across both screws and carb body, just dont hit the choke lever, lol.

It is called a "D" carb tool. I have a 4 pack that came with one of those, one double "D", spline, and a pac man. What is hard to find is the micro "D". Looks similar but is about the size of an ink pen tip. They are tiny.

I believe the differrent screws heads are EPA things. And to keep the idiots from messing with there carbs. "Hey, bubba! I got a lot more powerful! But only ran for a coupla minutes..."

EPA is correct, the ONLY good thing is you can keep the adjuster on the screw a lot easier, there's a lot of vibration when adjusting at full throttle, hard to keep a flat head on that.

I just ordered a four pack for little under $4 Be here in a couple months. Lol coming from china.

EPA is correct, the ONLY good thing is you can keep the adjuster on the screw a lot easier, there's a lot of vibration when adjusting at full throttle, hard to keep a flat head on that.
I suppose. I think I will just grind the slots on this one.

Brian

Just looked again and dont think ther is a D shaped one. Ther is a list of saw brands they fit under description if that helps.

I just fixed a Troy Bilt TB32EC powerhead-pole saw. It had a Walbro Wt-973 on it. I get carb apart and it needs G&D. Metering side is normal but that is a weird fuel pump G&D - ain't in K10 or K20 kit. You need a K24 kit. ARRGGGHHHH! Had a new ebay $6 trimmer carb. Pulled the choke rod and put a #10 bolt in - works pretty good. A K-24 kit costs more than that. I have a PaCMan or would have dremeled slots in screws and collar.

IMG_20160922_200320.jpg

Ah heck why ya gotta ask if ther was a D shape. Now i had to buy that one too just incase. Lol.

Back