what special Stihl tools are worth having?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
what special Stihl tools are worth having?

here's a pic of my Stihl case pressure testing kit ... nice to have but can be duplicated with blank off plates, vacuum pump, etc.

stihl vacuum.JPG

That is a good one to have,and you don't have to fab the plates up.A lot of people forget to check the pressures in the case for leakdown,always in lieu of just compression.When I first started with 2-Stroke Jet-Skis and waverunners back in the day I always wondered why a cylinder would run lean and melt a piston with perfect compression and carburation,now I know better.Good thread to start BTW,hopefully there is more "special" tools out there I may need one day....:chainsaw:

This one started out as a Stihl tool but has been adapted to suit.

attachment.php

It's just the standard torx key with the handle cut off and a 3/8" female to 1/4" made socket adapter welded on the end. The adapter has a hole thru it so a small piece of rod can be added as a handle or a 3/8" ratchet or torque wrench added.

attachment.php

For doing vac and pressure checks, I do have a lot of home brewed block off plates. Sure, you can use the muffler with some rubber behind it, but I've found cylinder base gasket leaks that I wouldn't have been able to see with the muffler in the way.

If nothing is leaking, then the muffler works fine.

Without a doubt, Flywheel puller... The proper Sthl one is a must of you own a couple of Stihls. It has saved my butt more than once. And they aren't expensive.

Jason

Without a doubt, Flywheel puller... The proper Sthl one is a must of you own a couple of Stihls. It has saved my butt more than once. And they aren't expensive.

Jason

:agree2: +1, about 20 bucks. And some fit MANY models

If you don't have an extra set of hands the holder for the bottom of the piston (name escapes me, looks like a tuning fork) is indispensable when putting a Jug on. You can make one out of hardwood.

This one started out as a Stihl tool but has been adapted to suit.

attachment.php

It's just the standard torx key with the handle cut off and a 3/8" female to 1/4" made socket adapter welded on the end. The adapter has a hole thru it so a small piece of rod can be added as a handle or a 3/8" ratchet or torque wrench added.

attachment.php

I like that! :cheers:

Jason

Hi,

has anyone a Parts-Number for that tool??

Greetings from Bavaria, Net.

One day we'll have to show all the tools that have been mades from the carb screwdrivers we don't give to the customers:greenchainsaw:

Tools? Have to see all the toys my kids have made out of em :)

Suggestion, don't give your wife a necklace made out of them for your aniversery...

Latest posts

Back