2100 cd pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck1278

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Husqvarna 2100cd pics

Here is the 2100 I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It has a different chain brake on it. It functions, but I want to know if it functions properly, if someone has any info on how this version works could you pass that info along. Thanks.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
damn, how come all these nice 2100 are popping up :cry: and none over my way and even if they were they would be 2-3 times the price :mad:

great looking saw mate, it even has the jungle muffler.....would be interested to know if its a thin ring piston to?

i cant help you with the chain brake as mine dont have them...JacobJ, Granddog or Rupedoggy would be able to help on that one i think, among others of coarse

good luck and have fun
Serg

Take the chain off the bar and gently drop the tip of the bar on a log to see if the brake works. Nice looking saw. Mine looks good but not that nice.

Does anyone know what information can be learned from the serial #? Just wondering if it would make any difference when looking for manuals, parts, and parts numbers from different years that this saw was produced. The # is 2992 051023

Last edited:
As far as testing the brake, there is a thumb screw that will engage a lever on the back of the brake handle, should it be moved most of the way in or out. It is currently almost all the way out. Should the screw touch the lever or be near the lever?

That thumbscrew is to be adjusted so that when the saw moves in the AV mounts the screw head contacts the "trigger" for the brake. Its called a "Swed-O-Matic".

See attached page from manual.

And don't over tighten the screw that goes through the handle and clamps the knurled head screw. The plastic part will break on a 25 year old saw. How do I know this? hehehehe

Last edited:
huskyhank, thanks for the link that will be very helpful. i tried to do a search for swede-o-matic but this thread is the only result, i guess i'll have to try a google search. again, thanks for the info
derek

The attachment is a scan from the 2100 manual - it shows complete instructions on how to adjust your Swede O Matic.

Here is the 2100 I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It has a different chain brake on it. It functions, but I want to know if it functions properly, if someone has any info on how this version works could you pass that info along. Thanks.

Nice looking saw? How much did you get it for? Go edit your first post. You have too \\http: too many times.

Sefh3, thanks with the edit, this is my first time adding pictures. i paid $250 for the saw with a 20" bar 3 chains, a 24" bar w/ a .404 chainboth of which have never been used, and another clutch cover that does not have a chain brake.

Sefh3, thanks with the edit, this is my first time adding pictures. i paid $250 for the saw with a 20" bar 3 chains, a 24" bar w/ a .404 chainboth of which have never been used, and another clutch cover that does not have a chain brake.

your killing me! :cry:

Serg

I was planning on taking the saw out to camp to cut some firewood, and was messing around with it, and I can't seem to get the idle set right. I can't get the chain to stop moving at idle. Just as I get the chain to stop the saw cuts out. I didn't fuss with it for very long, I'll have more time to look at it when I get to camp. Any thoughts on how to get it set right?

assuming everything is in good working order. How are you adjusting it? have you changed the idle screw setting? (not the low or high speed needle)

cheers, Serg

I was planning on taking the saw out to camp to cut some firewood, and was messing around with it, and I can't seem to get the idle set right. I can't get the chain to stop moving at idle. Just as I get the chain to stop the saw cuts out. I didn't fuss with it for very long, I'll have more time to look at it when I get to camp. Any thoughts on how to get it set right?

Could be your clutch spring. They are notorious for getting weak on these models. Not to worry, they are still available for under $4.00 through Baileys and probably your Husky dealer too.

Latest posts

Back