Husq. L65 and L77 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is that what these are ?
The one without the plug cap showing has a tag with ser. # 6512831 (Sweden) so I assume it is an L65.
I'll list these in the Swap thread after confirming what they are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for confirming.
Now I'll need to get dirty and find out what's usable.
The guy made me take these with the Homelites C-9 and XL-925 that I wanted.

Thanks for confirming.
Now I'll need to get dirty and find out what's usable.
The guy made me take these with the Homelites C-9 and XL-925 that I wanted.

Oh you POOR guy !! :cry:
how can you stand to suffer like that ??

The plug on the 65 stays under the cowling and the plug on the 77 pokes through. Saw on right ia a 65 and the one on the left is a 77.
Pioneerguy600

Hi Jerry. I am not sure about this. I have two 65's ane one plug is located under the hood and the other is sticking out. I believed it had to do with Tomos built saws and Husky built saws, but now you made my doubt.

will be back...
:pumpkin2:

Hi Jerry. I am not sure about this. I have two 65's ane one plug is located under the hood and the other is sticking out. I believed it had to do with Tomos built saws and Husky built saws, but now you made my doubt.

will be back...

I have learned that anything is a possibility when it comes to the exterior looks of chainsaws, the sparkplugs were the only visual clue that I know of that usually tells them apart. Of course if I had the saw here I would measure the bore and could be more certain. If you find out any more identifing info I would be happy to hear about it.
Pioneerguy600

will be back...

One of the options doesn't necessarily exclude the other - the info I posted is based on Swedish built saws.

I don't have pics of any Tomos made saws handy.

So this would be a 77 instead of a 65 ? I'll have to measure the bore to be sure...serial number is 826275 and built in Sweden

attachment.php

That looks like a typical Swedish built 77 - according to the info I have collected. :)

I am not an expert though, and there may be info that I have missed!

I have learned that anything is a possibility when it comes to the exterior looks of chainsaws, the sparkplugs were the only visual clue that I know of that usually tells them apart. Of course if I had the saw here I would measure the bore and could be more certain. If you find out any more identifing info I would be happy to hear about it.
Pioneerguy600

Hmmmmm, Jerry was right :blush: I measured the bore and it sait 52 mm....it's a 77 allright. I go crawl back into my cave now....:cheers:

The good thing is that I didn't have a 77 yet in the collection, so now I have....:)

Hmmmmm, Jerry was right :blush: I measured the bore and it sait 52 mm....it's a 77 allright. I go crawl back into my cave now....:cheers:

The good thing is that I didn't have a 77 yet in the collection, so now I have....:)

You got a new saw and it didn't even cost you a dime!
(It looks like a good one too)

Another saw to the collection sounds like a good thing and you did not have to go looking for it, saved yourself some time and fuel chasing one down. :clap:
Pioneerguy600

Back