015L Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Cousin asked me to fix his 015L electronic last week. I got it, and it wouldn't idle. It looked like it had been buried in a pile of sawdust for awhile, so I took the carb apart and cleaned it.

It ran well after I cleaned the carb, but I didn't cut anything with it. I wanted to cut with it to test it before I gave it back to him, also I wanted to set the high side. I went out and made three cuts with it tonight and then it quit. No spark.

I suspect its the electronic thing under the flywheel thats hooked to the coil. Is there a way of testing this? Most importantly can I still get parts for this saw?

Thanks for your help.

Could very well be the module. Need a coil tester. Disconnect coil from module and test. If tests OK and wiring is intact with no bare spots, I would go for the module. The new one will not go under the flywhell, I would not mess with a used one as the reliability is very low. I use the small aftermarket module to replace it. Am having very good luck with them, and they are inexpensive. Rotary, Sunbelt, Stens, etc all carry them.

Latest posts

Back