026 ignition coil question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just Buy It Now'd a Stihl 026 off eBay for $75. Now the guy says it's great but need an ignition coil. What are the things going for these days? Anyone have a used one knocking around? I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know if it really is shot.

I Boughtan 026 off Ebay Coil went bad couldnt produce a Receipt for the saw and the coil cost me 84.00. But should this coil go out Its warranteed.

Lifetime ignition warranty to ORIGINAL owner. Good customer, sure I will take care of him. Bought off Ebay? Lots of good used coils around, fits many models.
Check the ground and wiring on coil. I usually remove the wires to the coil and try it first before replacment.

Thanks for the help. Does anybody know where I might secure a used coil if it really is bad? The local Stihl dealer will chase you out of the shop with a running 088 if you mention the word "used", and I'd rather sell this than put a heck of a lot more money into it.

John
I think you did ok on the 026.When I saw the 026 listed.it was not sold,and had no bids.I used the buy it now option but you must have been about 10 second ahead of me.
I can help you out with any used parts that you need.I also have a few other make stihl saws for parts.
Here is a picture of one of the buildings I have parts stored in.
You can email me at [email protected] this week.I will have a new email address next week.I am going with free satellite internet.
Later
Dan
http://www.sunlink.net/~dozerdan/stihlparts.jpg

Typical Stihl. Always using loop holes to screw their customers:D

What the hell does it matter if you are the original owner or not. The stupid coil went bad. They will make their money anyways on all the other parts that are going to break:D

Huskyman...we have to be a little more diplomatic when talking about our non favorite saws..;) I actually have never read the fine print on Jonsered or Huskys policies...but i will be for sure on Monday....now I am curious...

I am sure Husky's warranty has the same crap. But I am not going to miss a chance to jump on Stihl, EVER:p

Husky's policies as a whole are just as bad if not worse, i.e. making dealers sell lawn mowers and roto tillers, etc. They just make better saws IMO, but I would never be dealer for them

Jeff
The Stihl parts in the above picture definitely have there own inventory system.Its simple really,saws are on the first floor and trimmers and blowers are on the second floor.Most saws in that building came from one of the dealers that I bought out.When I looks at his inventory,all the saws where on shelves,with dividers and all saws and parts where separated.When I went to pick them up he said he did me a favor? and boxed them up for me.I was glad that he didn't box up all the new parts for me.I kept all of them in there bin box's and they are all on inventory cards with bin numbers.
Later
Dan

Dan, I apoligize, just trying to add a little humor to the thread. I guess it just looks like mass confusion.

Jeff

Jeff
I didn't word my last post very well.The used parts saws are not mass confusion,they are a disaster.LOL The new parts are all inventoried not the used parts.I think when they pull all the used parts off the shelf,they put them all in one huge box,shook them up for about a week and then pored them into the small boxes that are pictured.
Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back