026 or 028???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never owned a 026 . have owned the 028. u couldnt get my best 028 for a bran new 026. except to sell ,an buy 2- 028 s
or clear some good profit.
its not that theres anything wrong with the 026. i just intend to have a good 028
available to me,long as i do this work.
no offence to the 026 users ,it sounds like a good saw.

They are both great saws, but for everyday work I'd take the 026 anyday. That 2 lbs weight savings makes a big difference plus it has better air filtration.

Open up an 026 muffler and you'll get a nice performance boost.

I've opened up the muffler on my 026 and it helped a lot. It still doesn't have the power I remember from the 026's of old. 028 isn't made any more, so unless you have one or can find a used one, the choice is academic.

Always found the 026 to struggle in the cut with anything bigger than an 18" bar. Where as the 028 seemed to pull a 20" burried in the cut with no problem, even with the spike dug in. Size wise I'd perfer the 026 for it's lack of the 028's bulkiness.

Oh yeah it helps. I open it up under the outlet baffle. I find a couple of 5/16 holes lets it breath and still is not to loud. The boss's son just smiles and says OH YEAH when I ask him if it helps. He has just cut about 10 cord for winter with an 026 and opened muffler.

Back