• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 028 chainbrake parts - metal tank saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob95065

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am working on an early Stihl 028 with a metal fuel tank and points. Someone removed all the chainbrake hardware except the handle. I need the entire assembly including the band. I am also looking for a decent clutch cover. If you have these parts please PM me.

Thanks!

Morning Bob, Have you pulled the plastic oil pump cover on that saw?? The early 028's did not have a way to.mount all the brake internals. But you could mount just the flag. Hate to see you make the brake parts investment and then not be able to install them. Just an FYI. Thx. Tim

Thanks for the message. I'll take a picture of what I have and post it here. I've worked on 028s before but ever one this old.

This saw belonged to a friend's dad. He took it to a hardware store that repairs saws to get it refreshed and running. They told him parts were NLA and it couldn't be repaired. They gave him a box of parts back - it was completely disassembled. They even took the recoil starter completely apart. Some parts were missing. Because my friend's dad has dimentia and the store Lost parts I really don't know what this saw was like when it was brought in.

Latest posts

Back