029 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmecanic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks to all who give some great advice on this site!! I have been following the messages for just a few days and have learned plenty. I wanted to post a pic of my muufler mod for my 029. Split muffler at seam and cut baffle off of spacers. I then used the baffle to form a new exhaust deflector and opened up the exhaust port to match. Welded it all together using the original screen and bolted it on. Havent had a chance to cut with it yet but it tachs up quicker and definitely sounds better!! Thanks for all the wisdom!!!

Hi jetmecanic, I`m not sure what I`m looking at, not intimately familiar with the 029 muffler, but I would have guessed I was looking at the back. Guess my eyes are worse than I thought, LOL. It sounds like you are on the right track though. BTW, welcome to the forum. Russ

nice

Rather ingenius how you recycled the inner baffle as a deflector. I wish I could weld, looks great!

Holy sh!t, you might as well have put a full tuned pipe on there for the size of that thing:D
j/k, looks okay, now you will get addicted and get a real high speed saw and look like this:D

I cut with the saw today and had to cut the deflector back a half inch. It cuts much better and sounds great. As to being hooked,
I am leaving in 10 minutes to buy a 346XP. Used the neighbors with a mod muffler and MUST NOW HAVE ONE!!!!!!

Back