046 vs. 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwoods

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been viewing this site for a couple months, now I'm really hooked. Question: Does the 046 and 066 have interchangeable bars, or does the 066 interchange with an 088? Thanks,

Joe

Kinda Sort of

066 and below use bars with a 12 mm slot and above use a 14mm slot. GBBAR and others have a sleeve which goes on the bar bolts allowing the larger slotted bar for the 14 mm bar to fit the smaller saws. I just bought some and they cost $5.50 for 10.
They are in essence 1mm wire looped into a circle creating a sleeve and causing the bar bolt to be 2mm wider.

Don,
What a great piece of info, I have an older Jonsered with 10mm and a 372xp with smaller studs, I assume 8mm but haven’t checked. I will check into the spacers so the bars can also be interchangeable.

Thanks,

Rob
:D

I'd be interested in one (or several) of those sleeves that would fit an Echo 3400. I can't run Stihl bars cause they don't fit, and don't care for the Oregon bars that come stock. Gotta go out and put a tape measure on it to know the bolt size.

Funny twisted wire thing

Steve here....Ya know, my old Poulan 4000 had one of those on it's bar, over the bolts when i bought it new. Always put it back on when I cleaned it. Never new what it was for.

Steve

Don,
Since we are asking specifically, I'm sure it's ok (if not, Darin can blame me). :angel:
Do you have a link or website to GBBAR or someplace that has these lil pieces?:confused:

spacer

z4lunch, thought I was the only one with a poulan 4000. If you haven't checked the fuel line since you bought it replace the fuel line.When the saw hesitates or fails to run up to speed in all directions it is usually the fuel line has a crack in it. I've had a hard time finding the larger fuel filters for the 4000 so I use the smaller one and change it more often. Had mine about 20 years now. How long you had your's?

Geofore,
Sorry to say I sold mine to a friend last year. Bought it new in 1985 or 86. I still have the original sales brochure. Would you like it.
Steve

GBBar address

I don't know who else makes these adapters. Looking at them they seem fairly common product if we knew the "industry" these were from and what they were called. Wow my first pic posting:D
Did it work? Ask for Saun and tell them Don from Amikins sent you.

bar adapters

hello joe,
Heres a photo of some bar adapters i have made, we like to run the older stihl 084.090 bars because they are fatter at the tail and with a nine pin sprocket it keeps the chain from comingoff. the top adapter is 3120 motor to 084 stihl bar, second adapter is 394 husky motor to 084 bar . third wire loop is 066 bar to 181,2100 husky motor, fourth adapter is 181 husky motor to 084 bar. it is in the 084 bar slot. you can make these adapters in a short time . we adapt all our saws to run 084-090 stihl bars, then 2-3 bars and chains fit all the saws

ken P.S. you can buy the wire loop adapter. at madsens

Latest posts

Back