10 tooth sprockets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where we could find a 3/8 pitch 10 tooth sprocket for a husky saw?
This would be for a modified saw. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank-You in advance

scott

yup, madsens1....9,10 and 11 (pin type) around $25 or so......That being said I assume you have modified the heel of your bar? if not don't try it.

The larger your sprocket, the larger the heal of your bar needs to be. This keeps the chain from running thru mid air any longer than it has to when leaving the sprocket and re-entering the bar on the top rail. The mods on these bars often include lengthening the stud slots, tensioner hole and moving the oil holes depending on how big you get with your sprocket

What Robert said is exactly correct. Also, your bar should have hard facing for about 2 inches on the end to prevent the groove from being hammered closed because of the high chain speed that is created with a 10 point sprocket. As the chain goes around the sprocket, it has a tendency to continue going in a circle, thus causing the hammering. The heel of the bar needs to be near equal height to the sprocket so the transfer from sprocket to bar can be as smooth as possible.

Art Martin

Hey Art What does a larger sproket do for a saws chainspeed. I used to race bicycles and I was figuring the smaller the sprocket the faster the chainspeed but would be harder for the engine to get it up to speed like pushing on a small gear on a bike. So if the sprocket is larger then is the chainspeed easier to get up to max rpms and keep up under a load.

Wrong sprocket, FS. It's a drive sprocket. Comparable to the sprocket attached to the pedals on a bicycle. A larger drive sprocket increases chain speed without increasing torque, so you need more power to run the faster chain speed.

Back