181SE Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl_man2002

Reaction score
How many piston rings does this saw have? If anyone has any of these rings and a cylinder gasket they are looking to sell, I would be interested in how much you are asking for them.
I've been logging into this site for about a year to read the posts. I find the information presented to be very informative. It's a great site! Thanks :blob2:

should have two rings...thin rings...possible part number of 501-80-13-01...and the gasket should be 501-80-12-01...or vice versa...If I remember right....I could still have a couple...email me..And once again if I remember right..that should be the same rings and gasket as the 820 Jonsered....

[email protected]

Hey Dennis................. can you still get any of those parts?...........................if so I could always use some, can't get them thru any distributors down here. The later 181 used a single thick ring, now also no longer avalable, customers have to up grade to the 288 piston and cylinder. Just like anything else, if they make something good you can count on it being discontinued, aye?
P.S. 13 more working days before clearwater here I come, put the bud on ice and mix with 100 plus cause the chips are going to fly!!!!!!

sawracr's 181 ring

hello sawracr,(jon)
I'm suprised at you jon, the 181 single ring is the same as the 272 ring.
ken

Ken, now that you are feeling better again, you are a hard guy to get hold of on the phone...glad to see you are up and at em again..

You should have a package at your door wed or thurs...cant remember which..will call ya monday

-Obi

Dennis the man

Hello dennis,
that sounds great. talk to you monday.
hey, you looked pretty good cutting with that monster saw.
ken

Jon...thanks for reminding me just how little time I do have left...lol...I spent about 8 hours out in the field today prepping ad sorting logs...another full day tomorrow....(and going to try to fiinish siding my house at lunch time)

But Iam off to bed...have a tee-off time at 6am:)

I have some parts such as chainbrake assy, starter, piston / cylinder assys. for 181s. They are the 2 ring variety. email me for specifics.

Latest posts

Back