• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 2083 top motor mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought this saw new in either '97 or '98. After moving to Illinois many years ago I sold it to my brother who still lives in NYS. During a phone conversation with him last night he mentioned that the top motor mount was broke. I haven't seen it, but he explained it's 2 rubber pieces that sandwich a metal section in between and the rubber pieces are what is broke. He still uses the saw as is. Are these pieces still available, used or new, or can they be replaced with something homemade?
Told him I would ask. Thanks.

Talking about the left top rear one that goes to tank to case? I have them. Mostly good used now.

There is a right side cylinder to handle one too. But being a 2083 I would think that one would have been a coil spring one and not the earlier rubber one.

Pic for one I am betting on.

pp505zzz.jpg

Hi Redneck,
It is the rubber one. Another member on here had 2 new ones so I got one from him. That's for the 2083 that is in NYS with my older brother. Good to go on that one.

I moved to Illinois 17 years ago and bought a used 2077 from a forum member. It has a slight crack in the clutch cover. I plan on drilling a small hole at each end of the crack this spring but would like to find a cover in good condition as a replacement. Doesn't need to be new or RED. Yellow is ok. You have one by chance that you would be willing to part with? Thanks.

I had found 1 of those left rear upper NOS and it was like 12 shipped. But was going to wait to see if it was it before sending you info.

I sold all of my metal and plastic clutch covers now. NOS and used.

IMO just use a metal husky cover 268 66 etc and make some cuts to use.

1st pic was just a quick made one to test. Mine left wider gaps on the test one as I did it fast just to see. Other Roger did from cover I sent him.

Also did a 372 one one time to see if could use one for side tensioner. Little more work but usable too.

pccrnn.jpgpccrn.jpgpnoscccc.jpgpnoscc.jpgpccrnnn.jpg
pmetalcovers.jpg
pccplasticnos.jpg
jccmet.jpg
jccmetalc.jpg

I bought this saw new in either '97 or '98. After moving to Illinois many years ago I sold it to my brother who still lives in NYS. During a phone conversation with him last night he mentioned that the top motor mount was broke. I haven't seen it, but he explained it's 2 rubber pieces that sandwich a metal section in between and the rubber pieces are what is broke. He still uses the saw as is. Are these pieces still available, used or new, or can they be replaced with something homemade?
Told him I would ask. Thanks.
Thanks to you folks a new AV mount is on the way to correct the problem.

Back