2186--A thing of Beauty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Well, I got the 2186 today :D, and what a sweetheart of a saw...so far...it all appears to be the same as a 385, but we will see once we get inside...hopefully this evening...if all goes well and my roof doesnt fly off my house...(the guys that were in Clearwater know what I mean)

here is the first pic

Hi Dennis,

That is one good looking saw, beautiful sharp looking color scheme too.

I will trade you my Jonsered top handle mounted saw with 2 bars, 6 chains and throw in a couple hundred extra to seal the deal.
Really like those Jonsey's :blob2:

Dennis;

Is that 2186 a new model? How many ccs? Why don't you run a tank of gas through it first and time some cuts so you have a performance baseline? When you get a new saw do you order a bunch of gaskets with it so you can put it together after the modifications?

Hi Dennis,

I would like one of those she is a real beautty, but i will wait until you finish her off to see the times and what your comments will be.

However i want mine personalised. Would you consider chroming the pipes and cover as well as painting on racing stripes.

May be I can get it all painted with a scene like the ones you see on the back of sleepers on highway trucks.

May be a nude on it, Yeah!!!! :)

Deadtrees....yes the 2186 is new for Jonsered...finally filling the void between the 72cc and 95cc classes...It does appear to be a 385 with nicer colors...but we will see as we go inside if Jonsered has done anything different..I am also getting a parts list faxed over in about half an hour, so I can tell some differences there...

List will be 1100 cdn...same as the 385, but there is always a deal to be struck;)

I dont know that I can wait to tear it apart, to go out and make some cuts..but I may....lol...I will be testing a modded 385 in about an hour when it finishes its virgin tank of fuel...so i will be able to compare it to that...

Thats definetly a sweet looking saw :D Have any of you guy's seen that Jonsered is taking will take your old saw as $150.00 trade in on any of their new saw's??I saw the ad in the back of this months Northern Logger I could'nt believe it when I saw it:D

Dennis so how was the modded 385??
Later Rob...

Dennis
I went over to Andersons Saw Shop in Rock Bridge,WI today and Demoed the one 2186,Dan had ordered 10(next week) and they are already sold.Great saw and like all Jonesereds huge clucth pads, I leaned hard to.

I was not one on the list.Anyway I bought a used 01PS 7900
$400.00 good deals at SteamBoat Rock.Seth

I was at the local chainsaw store tonight and asked about the 2186. A month ago the guy didn't know much of anything and thought they'd be hard to get if and when they come out. Tonight he says he can get 'em, but they're kinda being rationed...which seems to be supported by what you fellows are also posting.

Interesting tidbit for Dennis; local chainsaw store says that the Jonsered 2186 may be identical to the 2003 385; looking ahead to increased emission and sound control regs.

I don't know if that's true or not, or if it is bad thing or not...the guy is a salesman, remember, and will tweak the story if he thinks it wil result in a sale.

He also knows I'm a patsy...I feel guilty for stopping in just to take his time to talk, so I usually buy something to make me feel less guilty. Today was pretty cheap; a couple of sprocket rims, a couple of loops of chain, a gallon of bar lube, a new belt and a set of blades for the old Toro, and a candy bar from his kid's fund-raiser display. Some salesmen know the customer and ask about his family. This guy goes so far as to ask if I've winterized my equipment yet, or how I'm fixed for supplies!

I know Jonsered is putting on their fall Bag-N-Drag trade in deal again. I believe it only applys to saw 2165 and up. As long as the trade in is complete with bar chain, etc. That 2185 is a sweet looking saw.

Back