• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 272xp Crankshaft (found)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepia

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I need a crankshaft for my 272. The big end bearing let go on mine, so I got a used one and installed it, and then discovered it is bent.:dumb2:

Anyone have a good one?

I need a crankshaft for my 272. The big end bearing let go on mine, so I got a used one and installed it, and then discovered it is bent.:dumb2:

Anyone have a good one?
Seems like you might be in a position to make one out of two? A good motorcycle mechanic would press the big end out of both of them and assemble the good big end and con rod on your straight crank for a few bucks.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I actually never considered that. Are the ends on on the throw splined to maintain alignment of the two crank halves? We only have one motorcycle shop here in town. I would be real surprised if they had the equipment to reassemble my crank, but who knows, maybe they do it all the time.

I actually never considered that. Are the ends on on the throw splined to maintain alignment of the two crank halves? We only have one motorcycle shop here in town. I would be real surprised if they had the equipment to reassemble my crank, but who knows, maybe they do it all the time.
No they are not splined but when assembled they use v blocks to align the halves. If the shop has any dealings with race bikes they will have the gear I would think. Anyway glad you found the bits you need. I have a 272. Great saw.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back